CP/Epcot and GAC ?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
TODAY we just decided that we will be at Epcot Dec 26 :cool1: :sunny: :cool1: .

I would like to see the CP but don't think DD8 could handle the line to get in. There are 3 showings that evening and I expect the lines will be long for all three. We will not have the CP dining package.

Can anyone comment on how a GAC (use stroller as wheelchair and AE stamps) would be handled at the CP at a very busy time (Dec 26)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will have DDs game boy with her this year (she didn't own one last trip) so this will probably help. But I have read that the cms encourage people to stand very close in the line ups and this will be hard for her (unless she is allowed to stay in her stroller).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Suzy

This doesn't answer your question, but what about not standing in line at all? You really don't have to be in the theater to enjoy it. You could just get a table outside the American pavilion and something to eat and listen to it from there. This was suggested as an option by a CM when I was there. This will also give you a quicker escape route in case your DD wants to leave in the middle

I thought of that also, but DD has a much longer attention span if she can see an event vs. just hearing it.

Any ideas on GAC use (or any other suggestions about the CP) for this event would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Suzy

Can one person stand in line and you join them as they go in? Also stroller can go in the line and be parked as you get to the entrance. You need to be in line about an hour before the show. Wheelchairs, ECVs, etc all go through the same line. We are going Friday with an autistic child so I can let you know how things are handled. # of us in the group have GAC.

From what I can remember a few years ago, they let the dining people in first and then we went in right after with the GAC.

Talking hands: have fun Friday. We actually leave for Florida early Friday morning so don't worry about letting me know how it went since I won't have access to a computer Dec 16-Jan 8. But thanks so mcuh anyway.

I95toWDW: that would be great if they let us in after the dining plan people.

Anybody else have any thoughts/suggestions or have used the GAC for CP???

If we are allowed, one of us could easily wait in the line while the other adult take the kids for a walk. We are planning on renting a WDW double stroller for the day since I can imagine the crowds will be terrible.

We also plan to get to Epcot at opening, and don't expect to get on a ton of rides, just soak up the atmosphere and hopefully it won't be too overwhelming (crowd wise).

I haven't been to Epcot since 1980ish so don't know what to expect, especially going on such a BUSY day.

Any more thoughts/ideas on how to handle CP would be greatly appreciated?? But if we can go in after the dining people, that would be so wonderful.

Thank you

You are allowed. That sholuld be no problem. We have done this before because I could get there faster than my husband.

I have attempted to use the GAC at the CP and it totally depends on the CM . Last year we were told it could not be used and we should get a dinner package by 3 different CMs at 3 different shows. Finally the 4th time we attempted a really nice CM had us wait with her and she got us in. My DD loves it and waiting in line for 1+hours is not an option. Dinner packages can be expensive. So I would advise that you try the early show and go a little early to talk with a CM.

A GAC does not allow you entry into the theater before other guests, however you could explain to a CM that your daughter may have difficulty waiting in line and ask to wait in another area while still "waiting your turn" and that may work if you can find a CM who is helpful- you should do this once the line starts forming so they can see that you are there also waiting, just not wanting to be in the queue area. Since the lines are accessible and you can bring a stroller into the line, they feel that is a reasonable accomodation. There will be many people in wheelchairs or with GAC's also waiting in line and thus the CM's aren't able to let everyone with special needs "bypass" that line. You can also stand in the back by the rope and see the show quite well if that works out better.---Kathy

We had a GAC for my mother and it did us no good at the CP this year. We waited over an hour in line and still did not get in.

It was not an easy hour and I know we made the people around us very uncomfortable. I kept asking if there was not another place to wait but was told no that I had to stay in line. So we did.

Once the show started we were still about 100 people back and they informed us we would most likely not get in! I was so disappointed!

We ended up standing behind one of the roped off areas and tried to hear and see the show from there but it was horrid with my mom. She has the mentality of a two year old with the strength of a grown man! She kicked at people and grabbed people around us in trying to get a view where she could see. It was very frustrating, especially after waiting in the cold for over an hour! After the first few songs we had to leave because I could just not control her any longer with her insisting that she needed to see and could not.

We had tried for weeks before to get a CP dinner package and they were all sold out. Oh well maybe I will get to see it another year. :guilty:

There were 5 of us and what we did was have the 2 women sit in line in our wheelchair and ECV and let the men take the little one around in her wheelchair until just prior to the going into the show. The CM was very helpful in letting us know when they should arrive. Then they joined us and we went in and transferred and the guys parked all three chairs off to the side near where we were seated. After the show the guys brought the chairs back to us. WE really enjoyed CP. THen DH and I went again on the 19th and while I was finally seated in the proper area I was none to happy with the CM who tried to seat me elsewhere and did not ask if I wanted to transfer. She didn't seem to get it that I needed to be able to see both Marlee Matlin and the sign language interpeter without constantly having to turn my head.
Kathy it was great seeing yoiu and Skye, We actually were able to watch you and Brian from where we were waiting in line. Hope you are keeping warm. Give Skye a hug. He's a sweet puppy.

It was great seeing you too. I would've stayed for the 6:45 show but we have to sing BOTH that show and the 8:15- we aren't able to do just one show unless it's the 5:00 and three shows in the freezing cold is too much for me to handle. We're going over to sing the late pair tonight since it's the last show of the season...sniff, sniff. Skye's slept through every performance so far but she seems to like it too! Hopefully I can join you next time you're here. ----Kathy

dclfun said:
It was great seeing you too. I would've stayed for the 6:45 show but we have to sing BOTH that show and the 8:15- we aren't able to do just one show unless it's the 5:00 and three shows in the freezing cold is too much for me to handle. We're going over to sing the late pair tonight since it's the last show of the season...sniff, sniff. Skye's slept through every performance so far but she seems to like it too! Hopefully I can join you next time you're here. ----Kathy

:) It was great seeing you guys too! I am trying to talk Lisa into coming up for MJ's birthday weekend Feb 2-6 so maybe we'll get to see you then!

Oh boy! I would love to help celebrate MJ's birthday and see you all again. I wish I could've braved the cold weather that night. If not for Doug ( cast choir director) telling me you were out there and expecting me I'd not have known where you were to at least go out and say "hello" before beating a hasty retreat to my van. BTW, Skye slept through every performance EXCEPT for the last show last night. She couldn't make it through the Hallelujah chorus without a good "body shake". I don't know what was itching her but I was mortified- thank goodness we were all singing loudly....sigh. ----Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter