• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cozumel

Betsypup

Grab Shell
My activities window closes tomorrow and I'm having last minute regrets. I booked the Twister to Passion Island which is costing almost $500 for the five of us. I don't mind spending the money but I'm wondering if there isn't a better use of my dough. People have mentioned Mr. Sanchos, which is not a Disney excursion, and now I'm wondering if I should try and do that instead. It's half the cost. We really just want a nice beach at which to relax and let the kids swim--ages 16, 12 and 10. Is either beach that much more pristine than the other?

Just to give you more info, we have the ruins booked at Costa Maya and at Grand Cayman, we are using a Marriott day pass. We would like to get off the ship in Cozumel and do something though.

THX!

My activities window closes tomorrow and I'm having last minute regrets. I booked the Twister to Passion Island which is costing almost $500 for the five of us. I don't mind spending the money but I'm wondering if there isn't a better use of my dough. People have mentioned Mr. Sanchos, which is not a Disney excursion, and now I'm wondering if I should try and do that instead. It's half the cost. We really just want a nice beach at which to relax and let the kids swim--ages 16, 12 and 10. Is either beach that much more pristine than the other?

Just to give you more info, we have the ruins booked at Costa Maya and at Grand Cayman, we are using a Marriott day pass. We would like to get off the ship in Cozumel and do something though.

THX!
We took a cab to Paradise Beach and had a great day. And, it was very inexpensive. Four years ago our family of 5 spent $115 (including taxi fare) for a day at Paradise Beach.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

A second vote for Paradise Beach. We have also gone to Chankanaab, which is also nice.

There are a number of beach clubs in Cozumel and transportation (cabs) is very easy/inexpensive.

I can't really help, but how did you come accross the Marriott Day pass?
They don't officially have day passes but my husband is a platinum member. They told us to just show up and if they were under capacity, they would give us day passes.

I will say that I have signed up for the same excursion 4 times and it was cancelled because of wind 4 times :) Trying again next May when we are in Cozumel again. It looks like a lot of fun.

We got sat passes to Nachi Coccom (spelling might be wrong) in Cozumel. Family of 5 was maybe 140$ plus taxi. We r going in January. Lots of recommendations on this board for it!

I've been to both Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos, and they both are fantastic. Sanchos sometimes gets a bit more of a party vibe, but it is just luck of the draw on what type of crowd shows up. Paradise Beach is more tranquil, and less expensive, but not all inclusive if that's what you're in to. I've never done Passion Island, but I have heard grumblings from fellow cruisers that it wasn't worth it. I'll be in Cozumel on Monday and we plan on going to Paradise beach.

Definitely Paradise Beach! Loved the pool - the largest in Cozumel. Poolside restaurant is excellent - so is beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter