Cozumel Port adventures

gupv

Earning My Ears
We are going on a Panama Cruise next year. Looking at Port Adventures. All-Terrain Buggy and Snorkel at Punta Sur National Park. Thoughts?

We absolutely loved the Cabana Beach in Cozumel! Beautiful water, excellent service! The salinity of the water was such that I didn't even need a floatation device or to kick....I just floated vertically in about 20 feet of the most beautiful water. We will def do again!

family just did it and they had a great time. I believe lunch was included.
Others of us ( adult only) chose a beach day, Nachi Cocom.. which was Excellent! An all inclusive ( food/drinks) that limits number of people in attendance.
Enjoy!!

Has anyone been to Xcaret or Xel-Há? I was looking at those for next year. I always wanted to go to Xcaret when I was little and I think Xel-Há is new?

We just did Paradise Beach and had a great time. It was cheap and the beach/ pool was not crowded. We were lucky there was only one other boat at port that day which may have been why there were only about 10 other people on the beach for most of the day.

We are going on a Panama Cruise next year. Looking at Port Adventures. All-Terrain Buggy and Snorkel at Punta Sur National Park. Thoughts?

We just did the All Terrain Buggy & Snorkel in April 2019. The buggy part was fun, you drive from the port to this nature reserve area, drive around in there stopping at certain spots, then you stop at the beach for snorkeling, and then ride back to the port. The snorkeling was basically a large group in the water following the guide, we spent most of our time trying to keep up with the guide and didnt see a lot, there is a TON of seaweed too. You can also purchase food at the beach, it was not included. I thought the buggy part was fun but the snorkel part left a little to be desired.

Has anyone been to Xcaret or Xel-Há? I was looking at those for next year. I always wanted to go to Xcaret when I was little and I think Xel-Há is new?

I have been to Xcaret when when i went on a trip to Cancun, so not through DCL. Xcaret is one of my most favorite places ever! That being said, it is a significant amount of travel time to get from Cozumel to Xcaret, requires a ferry ride and then a bus ride, I think 1.5 hours each way. If the travel time doesnt bother you I would definately say go for it.

I have been to Xcaret when when i went on a trip to Cancun, so not through DCL. Xcaret is one of my most favorite places ever! That being said, it is a significant amount of travel time to get from Cozumel to Xcaret, requires a ferry ride and then a bus ride, I think 1.5 hours each way. If the travel time doesnt bother you I would definately say go for it.
That's what we're doing in October! I'm so excited, it looks so beautiful and just want to do the river floating thing and maybe see a manatee and the church there. Hoping it's enough time.

We also did Xcaret while in cancun, so I second that the travel time may make a difference when experience it from the cruise. But we enjoyed it tremendously. They have so much to see an do there and it is all really well done. The river floating, boat ride, apiary, animal exhibits (including giant sea turtles!) and shows were all excellent, and it even has (small) ruins too to explore. If you have kids, they have an AMAZING kids zone where adults can chill in a gorgeous cenote while watching the kids go through an obstacle course and ride water slides. We did not do xel ha because our kids are not strong enough swimmers (it is a snorkel park and they explained you will pretty much be in the water the whole time).

That's what we're doing in October! I'm so excited, it looks so beautiful and just want to do the river floating thing and maybe see a manatee and the church there. Hoping it's enough time.

It is amazing! I'm trying to figure out how to plan a trip back to Mexico just to go there. The river floating and the Butterfly Pavilion were my favorite parts.

Xel-Ha is one of he most magnificent spots on earth. I was there as a teenager and the beauty sticks with me today. Absolutely breathtaking, and I would say worth the cost and travel time from the ship if you don't think you will have an opportunity to go again.

There is a new resort (opened up about a year ago) called Hotel Xcaret Mexico that is all-inclusive and even includes ALL the Eco parks in the area, including Xcaret and Tulum. I haven't been there personally but it is on my bucket list. It's pricey, but not more so than a Disney Cruise. I plan to stay closer to port this trip and talk DH into the AI experience another year!

Have fun deciding!

Are you on the March 2020 Panama Canal cruise? If so be aware that some of the usual port adventures are not operating because we port there on a Sunday and they're closed. Nachi Cocom is one of them. If you're in the group on that other side a platinum person kindly posted all the ones that are offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter