Cozumel Jeep Exploration

jldcherry

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the Cozumel Jeep Exploration? We're looking into it for a July cruise. Trying to decide if we should book through Disney or just rent a Jeep at the port. With Disney we'd have a guide, but it's significantly cheaper to rent a car on our own. Is it easy to find your way around Cozumel? We'd like to go to Punta Sur Ecological Park and explore that beach and have lunch somewhere. Any advice about renting a car in Cozumel or experience with this excursion appreciated!

We did this last year and really enjoyed it. The guides were really good and it was well organized. It was a short walk from the pier to the jeeps. They put 4 people to a jeep which worked well for us since we were already a party of 4. They verify licenses before you leave to see who is eligible to drive. You can decide who drives in your party. If it's 2 couples, I think they usually switch off, one coming and one going. But that's up to you. We drove in a line and they had vehicles placed behind in case someone missed the lights but it seemed to go pretty smooth. We visited a small ancient ruins area and drove down a fairly long path through the park and to the beach area in Punta Sur. From there, we had a guided snorkeling tour and afterwards there was a nice lunch served on the beach. They had tables set up for different sized parties. If you didn't want to snorkel, you could just hang out on the each. Afterwards, we headed back and stopped at a lighthouse. You could climb if you want. There were also some small gift shops. The view from the lighthouse was pretty neat. I attached a few photos for reference. Driving through the park to the beach, the beach area and the view from the lighthouse. You can see all of the jeeps lined up below.

We would definitely do this one again. I will note the snorkeling is tough. Definitely use the fins they offer. Most people did fine but there was someone who thought she didn't need them and they ended up having to tow her back to the shore.

Attachments

• IMG_7562.jpeg
    IMG_7562.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7574.jpeg
    IMG_7574.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7605.jpeg
    IMG_7605.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 14
We did Cozumel Jeep Tours independent of the cruise line. The walk to them was short and their guide was fantastic. The price was fantastic, too,

We did Cozumel Jeep Tours independent of the cruise line. The walk to them was short and their guide was fantastic. The price was fantastic, too,

Did they also require 4 people per Jeep? Or was rental per vehicle?

I see Cozumel Jeep and Snorkel Tour .com charges per person and states They do not make you share vehicle. Nice. Is this the one you used?

We did this last year and really enjoyed it. The guides were really good and it was well organized. It was a short walk from the pier to the jeeps. They put 4 people to a jeep which worked well for us since we were already a party of 4. They verify licenses before you leave to see who is eligible to drive. You can decide who drives in your party. If it's 2 couples, I think they usually switch off, one coming and one going. But that's up to you. We drove in a line and they had vehicles placed behind in case someone missed the lights but it seemed to go pretty smooth. We visited a small ancient ruins area and drove down a fairly long path through the park and to the beach area in Punta Sur. From there, we had a guided snorkeling tour and afterwards there was a nice lunch served on the beach. They had tables set up for different sized parties. If you didn't want to snorkel, you could just hang out on the each. Afterwards, we headed back and stopped at a lighthouse. You could climb if you want. There were also some small gift shops. The view from the lighthouse was pretty neat. I attached a few photos for reference. Driving through the park to the beach, the beach area and the view from the lighthouse. You can see all of the jeeps lined up below.

We would definitely do this one again. I will note the snorkeling is tough. Definitely use the fins they offer. Most people did fine but there was someone who thought she didn't need them and they ended up having to tow her back to the shore.
Thank you for the feedback! Were there a lot of kids on this excursion? We'd have a 10 and an 8 year old. If you hang out on the beach instead of snorkeling do they have chairs?

Did they also require 4 people per Jeep? Or was rental per vehicle?

I see Cozumel Jeep and Snorkel Tour .com charges per person and states They do not make you share vehicle. Nice. Is this the one you used?
We did JeepRidersCozumel and had a party of four. They ask if we wanted one vehicle or two, so we could have been two to a Jeep, it seems.

Thank you for the feedback! Were there a lot of kids on this excursion? We'd have a 10 and an 8 year old. If you hang out on the beach instead of snorkeling do they have chairs?
We were actually on the adult only Panama Crossing so it's hard to say if there would have been more kids. I expect there would be because it felt like a family friendly tour. My kids would have probably enjoyed the off roading in the jeep more than I did. Haha! I don't love snorkeling so if I did it again, I may just hang back and sit on the beach. They do have tables with umbrellas and beach chairs. And plenty of sand to play in for the kids. It's a good balance for a beach day with some sightseeing too. And we enjoyed the lunch they provided.

We had a wonderful time when we (DH, DS10 and I) did this excursion in November! It was definitely in the top 3 of excursions we have done on DCL, and would definitely do it again! There were 5 jeeps in our tour, and each group/family had their own jeep except for a single man who they put in a jeep with a couple. We loved the snorkeling (first time for DS). There are loungers on the beach if you don't go snorkeling. The lunch (fajitas and a beer) was decent, much better than the boxed lunch of sandwich/chips on other excursions. We didn't climb the lighthouse, but instead walked around at the base, did a little shopping and then DS got a virgin pina colada at the bar, which was served in a flowerpot. It was expensive but large and so delicious, made with fresh coconut milk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter