Cozumel help

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
we will be in Cozumel in February with the kids (11,9,7). We want to do something that has a little adventure, a little culture and some fun for us as well. We don’t want to be traveling for 2+ hours to get there and are hoping not to follow the super crowded areas.

Does anyone have any port adventures they have done and would recommend?

Thanks!

Cozumel Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park (CZ72)

This. This one. This is it. :D

I can't recommend this excursion high enough. It was the BEST one we did during our Western 7-night, back in 2016. The ruins were fun to explore, the museum gave a look into Mexican artistry, and the Mayan Cacao Company was a DELICIOUS and entertaining experience. Nothing beats the fresh chocolate drinks they have there... :-D

Maybe I got lucky, but out of all the excursions we did that vacation (and it was a two-week Eastern/Western B2B), the guides we had for that one were the most knowledgeable and easiest/low-pressure. Some places (cough::Jamaica::cough) made it feel like you were pressured into tipping the excursion host. Here, it was such a pleasant experience that you WANTED to.

Oh, and it's all on the island were you dock, so no ferry to the mainland, no long bus ride to get to someplace...

Cozumel Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park (CZ72)

This. This one. This is it. :D

I can't recommend this excursion high enough. It was the BEST one we did during our Western 7-night, back in 2016. The ruins were fun to explore, the museum gave a look into Mexican artistry, and the Mayan Cacao Company was a DELICIOUS and entertaining experience. Nothing beats the fresh chocolate drinks they have there... :-D

We're going to be there in April with 2 kids similar ages. This one has been on my radar because I want to see the ruins. However we also really want to have a little bit of beach time - just an hour or two. We especially don't need the chocolate tour since we just did a chocolate tour on a recent vacation (and I figure how different can they possibly be). We're looking for ruins-beach combo, but so far I don't think I've found exactly what I'm looking for. I also saw there is a lighthouse you can go in down at the south east end of the island that I think would be neat.

I had also been interested in the larger ruins like Tulum, or else there were some really cool cave excursions, but I also decided recently I didn't want to deal with getting to the mainland, and whatever we end up doing we will be staying on the island.

Cozumel Highlights, Ruins and Discover Mexico Cultural Park (CZ72) is the one we've picked too - purely because it ticked all the boxes for a little bit of everything Mexico for us :D

I know you're not particularly looking for the chocolate jalapeno_pretzel, but do you have Cozumel Ruins, Chocolate and Beach Break (CZ80) as an option?

Last edited:

Thank you all! It’s between the dolphins and the tour! I don’t know what to pick!!

Thank you all! It’s between the dolphins and the tour! I don’t know what to pick!!

We did the dolphin excursion at Chankanaab also and it was an awesome experience. Only thing I would warn though is that we had a family with us who had children 8 and 10 years old and they struggled a little bit. The water was a little choppy and they had to hold on to the fence behind them to keep their balance and the parent ended up having to keep hold of the 8 yo the whole time. Also the place where you stand is a little slippery and that didn’t help. I personally liked being in that kind of setting but those kids probably would have had a better experience at one of the companies that does it in an enclosed pool. Besides that it was great. The sea lion show was really cute too.

Another vote for the dolphins at Chankanaab. My youngest is only 4 so we did the interaction rather than the swim and it was great. The free lunch and unlimited drinks were great too. (The American style food was meh but the ceviche was delicious.) It was nice to have the whole park to explore as much or as little as you wanted as our guide gave us the option of choosing to return to port by meeting at the entrance at 4 different times each an hour apart.

We did the Ruins and Beach tour. It had nice ruins, then also a beach club that had lots of water activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter