Cowboy Cookout Barbeque - review

We had lunch here on our first day (Thurs, 18th Dec). Didn't plan to but DH went to look around at places to eat while DD and I went on BTM. While it was busy, it wasn't too crowded. It only took DH 10 mins to order/get our meal.

The kids shared a Mickey burger meal, I had the bacon cheeseburger meal (the burger bun was lovely!) and DH had the chicken leg/ribs meal. He said the ribs were nicer than the one at TGI Friday's as it wasn't burnt & dry lol (DH is not a fan of TGI Friday's, Planet Hollywood or similar places like that). I tried a bit of the ribs and it was quite tender. The wedges were fab. The fries were a bit cold & soggy but the kids were hungry, so they ate them anyway. It cost us 27 euros for the 3 meals.

I was going to take pictures of the food but DS needed the toilet and by the time we came back to eat (there was a queue for the loo), DH and DD had already started eating. So, you'll have to make do with these instead lol.

P1000770.jpg
P1000767.jpg
P1000769.jpg

We would definitely eat there again!:thumbsup2

We ate here in Dec 08.

Still basic takeaway fare, but much improved on how it was a couple of years ago.

Burgers are now a very decent size, and you do feel like you've had a substantial meal.

Wouldn't recommend the chili burger, which was very dry, but the bacon cheeze burger was very good.

Nice atmosphere, particularly if you can grab a seat around the log fire, and there's a band playing :)

We ate here on Thursday 18th Feb. Food was hot... (see previous post on Hyperion :rotfl:)

Overall, liked this place quite a bit... considering it was fast food. Floor was incredibly slippery... not sure what they had done to it!!

We caught up with Pluto and Minnie outside for an impromptu meet and greet too.

We ate here at New Years, wow this was a hidden gem!

We'd eaten here before but the menu has slightly changed and the food tasted much much better!

I got the chicken, ribs and sausage platter, DW got a burger.
The wedges are particularly good.

We also had a hot chocolate and churros there too the next day, also good.

Best of all was the roaring fire, we must have stayed there a good hour for some respite from the FREEZING cold outside :lmao:

:goodvibes

We ate here on Monday March 1st 2010 using free meal vouchers (lunch)
The adults had the assiette texan which was ribs, sausage, a 1/4 (maybe 1/2) chicken and wedges (myself and DP) and my BIL had the cheeseburger and wedges. This was very tasty..
DD had sauage with wedges which she wasnt too keen on as the sauages are made from veal (its ok we finished them for her!!) and DN had the 1/4 chicken with wedges and both had yoghurt to follow. Drinks were included. The theme is great and the food was fab, perfect for lunch.

We ate here on Monday March 1st 2010 using free meal vouchers (lunch)
The adults had the assiette texan which was ribs, sausage, a 1/4 (maybe 1/2) chicken and wedges (myself and DP) and my BIL had the cheeseburger and wedges. This was very tasty..
DD had sauage with wedges which she wasnt too keen on as the sauages are made from veal (its ok we finished them for her!!) and DN had the 1/4 chicken with wedges and both had yoghurt to follow. Drinks were included. The theme is great and the food was fab, perfect for lunch.

Sounds yummy! This isn't on the list for free lunch vouchers--did you have any trouble using them here? Thanks! :flower3:

i think we may have paid for drinks. no problem though! it gets very busy at times

has anyone got any prices for this resturaunt and others for 2010?
i need to know how much money to take for food for 5 day trip for 4

has anyone got any prices for this resturaunt and others for 2010?
i need to know how much money to take for food for 5 day trip for 4

The above menu from March 2010 is probably a good guide. They won't have changed much since then. We went then too and so that's definately correct. HTH

Hi

We ate here on Tuesday 10th May 2011. 2 adults and a 3 year old. We had booked for 12.30 but I don't think it would have been a problem without a reservation.

The service was good and the food was hot and tasty. We mainly went for the character interaction which was also good except they all kept vanishing for about 10 - 15 minutes at a time, obviously changing over.

As usual the characters worked their way round all the tables, we saw Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie and eventually Woody (who we went specifically to see). Unfortunately by the time Woody came to us (maybe 45min to an hour) my DS was on the verge of falling asleep and refused to even look at him.....:confused3

It was a good atmosphere, there was some live country music and the characters made a real fuss of the birthdays, especially Woody.

IMG_2502.jpg

Bit expensive for the food but would happily go back.

Wendy

Now don't know if anybody can see this (sorry for my terrible photo, I'll get a better one) but they have added a végé burger to this menu :cool1:

It says Végé burger, rocket salad, tomato, cheese and potato galette

Also noted that the Chili con Carne starter comes with cornbread

And children have the choice between 1/4 chicken or a Giant kid cheeseburger :)

077-2.jpg

We ate here the week before Xmas 2011 as a spur (ha ha) of the moment thing as it was really cold and raining, and we didn't think we'd eat enough to justify the cost of inventions that night as we were too ill!

We got a table at 12.30 ish without booking....

DD1 and I had the cheeseburger (fab- the best one I've had at DLP!!!) and salad (massive!!!!! could be a main on its own) I had gormet coffee (coffee was cold by the time I got to drink it as too busy eating burger) and DD1 had lemon meringue thing.

DD2 had a burger (I think) and icecream.

We found ourself a table (a faux pas, you're supposed to be guided, but I was hungry and we were all Ill!!!)

We had waited about 10 mins to be served. The food was piping hot and really good.

The characters doing the rounds were mickey, minnie, pluto, eeyore, woody and I think goofy.

We had good interaction from them all except woody (minnie twice) in the hour and a hal;f we were there.

Pluto even came over and joked with DD2 about us struggling to get her salloppetes over her boots!
The interaction was at least as good as cafe Mickey, in sopme respects better. There were a few families chasing the characters round the room, not waiting their turn, and a fair few table hoggers who had finished eating ages ago and were just hanging out, which made the whole getting a table thing harder for everyone else.

The live band with guitar/ fiddle playing country music were fab..... and really added to the whole thing. There should be MORE live music at DLP, I hadn't realised how much i missed it till then.

The characters did a dance to the band too, which was really special, much beter than a prerecorded track...

It seemed so much more genuine and homely than cafe mickey to me.

Would I go again? Yes. The food was reasonable value The burger I had was fab qualitty and the salad was massive (and not all lettuce)

The character fun was good too- and the loos are nice there as well.

Plus I used my annual pass to get a discount.:thumbsup2

we were there March 16. Had a reservation for 1.10pm. Arrived on time. At the entrance were given small piece of paper with a number us, DS2 was counted as enfant- meaning we didn't have to pay for him, he just got extra fries. Happy with that.

DS1 had kids meal with hamburger, I had Angus burger and lemon desert thingy.

LOved the birger, one of the best I ever had, wedgies were great too. Salad was really big, but I'm not a "salad person" :cutie:

Character interaction was great: Mickey, Minnie, Gepetto, Pluto, Goofy and Tiger. But no Woody. I did go and ask, they told me to wait and got bacck to me telling Woody would be here an hour later. We didn't stay as we had been there for 1,5 hour.

Would recomend and go back. Must do on a trip.

Copied from my TR:
Tuesday 5th June, lunchtime:

We arrived for our reservation at 11.50 am and there were already a few people in CBCO. I have to say we really enjoyed this meal although it did take about 30 minutes to order the food. It is counter service but the way it works is you queue at a cashpoint to give your order, pay and they give you a receipt. You then queue at the food service counter where staff pick your order and put it on a tray for you. When we arrived only one poor man was on the cashpoint so it took forever! As I queued for so long while DH stayed at the table with the girls, I did miss out on most of their interaction with the characters which was a shame, a few did come around twice though, during our meal which was nice.

Most importantly - the characters: we met Woody who was amazing with the children - playing hide & seek and dancing etc., Pluto - who was also great, Goofy - again funny and plenty of time for everyone and Donald & Daisy Duck who were nice. Daisy in particular seemed to take a shine to my girls and spent ages with them - I think she came to our table 3 times . The band also played on and off which was nice.

The food was good - warm and lots of it, it's not a la carte obviously but really was nice. I had the chilli to start, and ribs & wedges - the ribs were amazing, lots of meat and a nice sauce (they don't look too appetising on the photo but were really good). DH had chilli and the angus burger and the girls had the children's cheeseburger with wedges. DH and I had the magnums for pudding - yum! And the girls had the strawberry yoghurt drink things which they both enjoyed (sorry forgot to take photos!). DH and I had a soft drink and the girls had orange juice which was part of the meal deal. DH and I didn't eat much of the chilli but only because we wanted to eat our mains - there was a lot of food! The girls had orange juice with their meal and we had a soft drink each.

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg
(Angus burger - had onion rings in it).

304.jpg
(Child's cheeseburger).

The total was 79 euros as I forgot to hand over my Dream AP!! DH and I both thought this meal was one of the best character meals we had and good value for money.

We ate here in Oct 2013 during our 4 night/5 day stay.
Our first thoughts after tucking into ribs and wedges was "why have we not been here before?"

Lovely setting, great food and surprisingly great place for character meets and photo opportunities - our 3 girls got to spend 10 minutes playing games with Chip, Dale, Goofy and Rafiki (sp) :thumbsup2 - literally just our girls and 2/3 other little kids - they loved it :)

One complaint was the weird opening time patterns - walking from Discovery Land to have lunch and finding it not open the day after we'd been there was a bit disappointing.

We're back in Feb & I'd imagine we'll be going to the cowboy cookout as much as we can :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter