• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Covid testing sites near or in Disney

Disneytam

disneytam
If this is on the wrong board moderator please move me but I didn't know were to post this question. Today NY state changed from a quarantine to a testing requirement for flying back into NY. As we are leaving for Disney in a week I'm thrilled but now I need to find a close and preferably free quick testing site. We have to show proof of being tested within three days of flying back into NY. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a little surprised Disney doesn't have an on site testing place.

I went to this site yesterday; the signs on 192 were gone (and as a local, I had seen them every day for a while, so that was weird). I just plugged "Maingate Office Complex" into Waze and it knew exactly where to go. They no longer do appointments but the wait was not very long. If you need a PCR test for travel be sure to let them know when you check-in, they do a rapid test by default. A family in front of me ended up having to do it twice because they didn't realize they were given a rapid test first.

I went to this site yesterday; the signs on 192 were gone (and as a local, I had seen them every day for a while, so that was weird). I just plugged "Maingate Office Complex" into Waze and it knew exactly where to go. They no longer do appointments but the wait was not very long. If you need a PCR test for travel be sure to let them know when you check-in, they do a rapid test by default. A family in front of me ended up having to do it twice because they didn't realize they were given a rapid test first.
Thank you so much for this info. Just what I was looking for.

Just so you know, it is probably not free to you. Most covid tests are free if you are symptomatic or have a doctor's referral, but not free for asymptomatic testing (especially if you are not a resident of the state where you are tested).

Do you happen to know the cost of the rapid test? In NY state the testing is free but I have no idea if there is a charge for taking one just for travel.

Just so you know, it is probably not free to you. Most covid tests are free if you are symptomatic or have a doctor's referral, but not free for asymptomatic testing (especially if you are not a resident of the state where you are tested).
Yup that was my next question. In NY the the state testing is free but curious to know how much is being charged in other areas.

this is not correct. All PCR tests are free and paid by your insurance/State(if you don’t have insurance). This was part of the CARES Act. You might have to pay for Rapid Tests.

Do you happen to know the cost of the rapid test? In NY state the testing is free but I have no idea if there is a charge for taking one just for travel.

All tests at this site are free. No need for symptoms or contact with someone with COVID. I got it done because my mom is flying in from Los Angeles to spend some time with me and we both got one done before she traveled just to be cautious. They do ask you to register online, and there's a section for your insurance, but it's not required. I didn't put any of my insurance info in. Got the rapid test, no questions asked, no payment, got the text my results we ready about 15 minutes after the test.

It IS a self-swab nasal test, which was certainly different, but the whole process was pretty painless.

Also, it is not this way throughout Florida -- a friend of mine paid over $100 for his rapid test. But it's free here.

Last edited:
If this is on the wrong board moderator please move me but I didn't know were to post this question. Today NY state changed from a quarantine to a testing requirement for flying back into NY. As we are leaving for Disney in a week I'm thrilled but now I need to find a close and preferably free quick testing site. We have to show proof of being tested within three days of flying back into NY. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a little surprised Disney doesn't have an on site testing place.
went here to ask the same question!

All tests at this site are free. No need for symptoms or contact with someone with COVID. I got it done because my mom is flying in from Los Angeles to spend some time with me and we both got one done before she traveled just to be cautious. They do ask you to register online, and there's a section for your insurance, but it's not required. I didn't put any of my insurance info in. Got the rapid test, no questions asked, no payment, got the text my results we ready about 15 minutes after the test.

It IS a self-swab nasal test, which was certainly different, but the whole process was pretty painless.

Also, it is not this way throughout Florida -- a friend of mine paid over $100 for his rapid test. But it's free here.

What's a self-swab nasal test? Also what's the difference between PCR and rapid? I don't see anything in the NY announcement specifying a type?

What's a self-swab nasal test? Also what's the difference between PCR and rapid? I don't see anything in the NY announcement specifying a type?

Self swab nasal means they give you a giant q-tip and you stick it up your nose yourself. Some places have a medical professional do it for you, others swab your throat, it just depends where you go.

Rapid tests are less reliable and more prone to false negatives/positives but will give you results in 15 to 20 minutes. PCR tests are more reliable but won't give you results until 2 to 3 days after your test. Not sure if NY requires a PCR test or not. I know Hawaii requires a PCR test, as do some workplaces, but idk about NY.

Self swab nasal means they give you a giant q-tip and you stick it up your nose yourself. Some places have a medical professional do it for you, others swab your throat, it just depends where you go.

Rapid tests are less reliable and more prone to false negatives/positives but will give you results in 15 to 20 minutes. PCR tests are more reliable but won't give you results until 2 to 3 days after your test. Not sure if NY requires a PCR test or not. I know Hawaii requires a PCR test, as do some workplaces, but idk about NY.

That's the most confusing thing - Cuomo announced this yesterday but said nothing about which type of test the state was requiring. The pre-arrival test seems pointless to me anyway since you have to test again on your 4th day back.

I am really hoping we get some/any clarification on Monday about the details for type of test, etc. We're still trying to figure out if we can spend Thanksgiving in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter