Covid testing LEAVING Canada

We recently left and returned. Feb 17 - 27

We booked a rapid antigen test at Shopper's for our trip into the US. I'm in Alberta. So it was 40.00 for each of us. And in our city, shopper's was our only option. That was the most nerve wracking 15 minutes was waiting for the negative test result. And then for the boarder guards to not even ask for proof of our negative test result :scared:

The test is more a condition of the airline isn't it rather than the airport? i.e. you have to upload it together with proof of vaccination?

All I can say is...no one checked..... in Edmonton or Toronto. We had our test results in our carry-on in my document folder ready to show someone. Maybe it's due to the fact that we were actually running to catch our connection in YYZ. Westjet cancelled our first choice for a connection flight, and we questioned them about the timeline of the one they rebooked us onto. They had reassured us that we would make the connection. We did, we were running (good thing I had been going to the gym before the trip :laughing:) they scanned our boarding passes and when we boarded onto the plane they actually closed the door right behind us.
If you loaded all this info into the check in system prior to arriving at airport, all that info would be available for airline checkin to see so no need to ask you for it.

When checking in for your flight to fly to the US, you agree to an attestation form to say that you have a negative result or previous positive & letter You need to be able to provide proof if asked. For return to Canada, I have always been asked to show the result & ArriveCan code.

For those curious about lifecenters.ca, we used them to fly out on March 5th. Totally smooth and easy experience (even the part where I forgot to adjust for the 2hr time difference and had to reschedule 🤦‍♀️). We used the Abbott tests but the green rapid response ones that Ontario is handing out are valid as well. Also can confirm that I had to give the Air Canada agent the results before receiving our boarding passes.

I think CanucksRock is right, they are going off your attestation form. Flown to Florida twice in the last 4 months. Wasn't asked to provide proof of negative test either trip leaving Toronto. Last month did have to show proof of vaccination. Last fall wasn't even asked to show that. However, leaving from MCO, they are on you immediately to show that proof of negative test, which is a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter