Covid Testing for 3 year old

Karen87

Disney Dreamin'
Has anyone done the pre-cruise covid test required for those younger than 5 in Orlando?

I know you can order a test from Inspire, take it 3 days before sailing, and mail it back. That process worries me a little.

Myself, DH, DS, DD, and 2 grandsons (8 and 3) will be in WDW from May 22-30, and then sailing on the Dream leaving the 30th (they boys don't know about the cruise - we're trying to keep it a surprise).

I was thinking it would be safer to drive into Orlando and have the 3 year old take a PCR Rapid test on Friday or Saturday (it's also cheaper).

Has anyone done this? Or the mail in test? Thoughts?

We just did the Inspire at home test this week. Did the swab Tuesday morning, dropped off to UPS Store around noon. Arrived at Inspire around 8am on Wednesday and we received tge result at 950am Thursday morning. We sail today (Friday). Hope that helps!

I haven't personally, but TheTimTracker has discussed cruise testing for their two year old at the Orlando airport. It is expensive, but seems a pretty easy process other than driving to the airport. We sail in August and if testing is still required then we will probably go the same route.

It's not the same situation, but Adam Hattan vlogged about his Covid testing to return to the UK. They were picked up from their resort and got the testing done at the local Centra Care. They needed an appointment and it took awhile, and was also pricey, if I recall correctly.

Not sure if it is 100% accurate everywhere, but I just got off the phone with our local Walgreens regarding the NAAT tests. They are still free and at least around here, she said most people get the results in 2-4 hours. May be worth a call to an Orlando Walgreens. Just another option.

We tried to use the Inspire kit but it didn't arrive until after we had already left for our cruise so not exactly useful (they did refund me at least). I would not recommend for that reason. We ended up doing a test at our local airport which was expensive as someone else alluded to but it was a guaranteed quick TAT and we were in a bit of a bind because of the Inspire fail.

We just did the Inspire test by the airport today rather than mail bc the test window was over a weekend and Inspire advises against mailing in that situation.

Testing was easy - it's at a hotel just north of mco. Went in at 230, results by 330 and they uploaded to safe passage for us.

As a backup we had scheduled Walgreens NAAT as well. There are a number of those in Orlando. Walgreens appts. open a week out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter