Covid test anxiety

disney516

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We are departing for Hawaii on Wednesday with our layover flight taking off at 2:25 pm. Our 72 hours starts on Sunday but we are not able to test that day due to work. This makes me nervous since we won’t be able to test until 10 am on Monday. It still should be enough time with the Walgreens test, but I’m nervous if something happens. Has anyone else tested around the 48 hour mark?

Hi all! We are departing for Hawaii on Wednesday with our layover flight taking off at 2:25 pm. Our 72 hours starts on Sunday but we are not able to test that day due to work. This makes me nervous since we won’t be able to test until 10 am on Monday. It still should be enough time with the Walgreens test, but I’m nervous if something happens. Has anyone else tested around the 48 hour mark?
You will be ok--my college age daughter even had to cut it closer-- 24 hr mark with Walgreens ID now--she got her results back in 4 hrs. Our back up was the expensive airport test--but we didn't need to use it. This took place about a month ago.

You will be ok--my college age daughter even had to cut it closer-- 24 hr mark with Walgreens ID now--she got her results back in 4 hrs. Our back up was the expensive airport test--but we didn't need to use it. This took place about a month ago.
That is great to hear! I wasn’t sure how close it usually was to the 24 hours to get the test back so it’s nice to hear hers only took 4 hours and even better you didn’t need to do the one at the airport.

What test are you using? If Walgreen's ID NOW you will have results back in hours.
Perfect, thank you! We scheduled for the ID NOW. I know it says results within 24 hours so wasn’t sure if it was much quicker than that. Good to know!

I was worried also about getting our Walgreens back in time. I called the location ahead of time to verify the turn around time. They told me 4-6 hours. She also said that if the results come back inconclusive, they would call us and have us come back that same day. There were 4 of us and we had our results back about an hour after the first test was completed.

I was worried also about getting our Walgreens back in time. I called the location ahead of time to verify the turn around time. They told me 4-6 hours. She also said that if the results come back inconclusive, they would call us and have us come back that same day. There were 4 of us and we had our results back about an hour after the first test was completed.
Thank you, this was helpful! :)

My parents and my sister's family are there now. They all tested on a Wednesday afternoon (I think at Walgreens) and flew out Friday morning. They had their results Wednesday evening.

I am having the same anxiety but I called one of the registered sites and they stated they can turn the test around within 15 min . I fly out Wednesday as well and my test will be on Monday.. I hope we all have a great and safe vacation. My friend just got back and he went to Walgreens and the test results were given back to him same day

Mine Walgreens ID now test results for Big Island travel wasn't quite as fast, about 9 hours... but still well within 24 hours, and best of all, they bill insurance. Hopefully Hawaii drops required COVID testing soon.

Great3

Thank you all so much for your help in easing my fear! We went and got tested this morning and had the results in less than an hour. Can’t wait to be in Hawaii! 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter