COVID State of Emergency - Lifted for Orange County?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florida and the parks themselves have some natural benefits against covid built in. Disney might wait till Thanksgiving to remove masks tho. Florida covid cases are down (which could be a combo of natural benefits and reduced testing), but Disney's guests are not just from Florida. Especially with the US expected to alter it's international travel rules in early November, I think they will want to hang on a bit longer to make sure that no other big wave strikes but I think they want them done before the end of the year. We can see that in the rumors that they aren't restocking masks to be sold.

International visitors will have to be vaccinated and have negative tests to fly to the USA. I so wish the indoor mandate was dropped before our visit but it wasn't. I am so tired of the face gear! (I am vaxxed and comply with everything. I am just tired of it all...where I live we have to wear them everywhere still.)

International visitors will have to be vaccinated and have negative tests to fly to the USA. I so wish the indoor mandate was dropped before our visit but it wasn't. I am so tired of the face gear! (I am vaxxed and comply with everything. I am just tired of it all...where I live we have to wear them everywhere still.)

Everyone is tired of them and many of us in the states Live places that they haven’t had to wear masks much at all for months now.

Has the lifted restrictions caused any effect or change outside of the Disney parks? Perhaps they are waiting for others, not theme parks as they don’t require any restrictions, before they make any further change.

They are probably waiting for the Case Rate per 100k to drop below 50, which will put the community transmission down to "Moderate." That is the CDC's benchmark for wearing a mask indoors. Currently, Orange County is about 57.

The airport and Disney are the only two places I have had to wear a mask at since May.
So I am an American living overseas at the moment and I had to wear a mask for about 22 hours straight due to airline travel to get to Disney. It is miserable! When we got to the WL and ripped our masks off as we walked around the pool we are all so happy!

I’ve been following the CDC website for the Covid numbers in Orange County Fl.
They have been posting the positivity numbers since the beginning but just started posting the Case Rate per 1000 on October 23rd. On the 23rd it was 73.06 and stayed that until October 29th when it went to 57.41.
So I’m hoping it will fall below 50.0 in the next few days. That will allow Orange County to go from Substantial to moderate.
When it’s moderate (I think) they will hopefully lift the indoor mask requirement.
Here is the website. I don’t know how to go back and see past numbers. I’ve been taking a screen shot every day.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

Last edited:
It's crazy how dramatically mask laws and guidelines for lifting them vary from place to place. (This isn't a commentary on what's better or what should be. I just think the difference is interesting.)

Where I live, our 7-day case rate is comfortably under 20 per 100,000 and has been stable or decreasing for nearly two months. Percent positivity is around 1.5%. 87% of the eligible population (includes 11-year-olds born in 2009) are fully vaccinated. Masks remain required in all indoor public spaces and workplaces, including those where everyone eligible must be fully vaccinated, which is almost everywhere. And we're told that this will continue until at least the end of March.

We have plans to visit Disney in mid-March. I fervently hope there will be no mask requirement by then. Since we'll apparently still be wearing them at home, it would be nice to at least get away from them for awhile on vacation.

And now younger kids can be vaccinated too so now pretty much everyone but babies & toddlers is able to be vaccinated. So I think in a month maximum, it should be lifted. At that point, it’s on you (collectively) to protect yourself.

I am hoping it is lifted before the Thanksgiving holiday. It seems like the numbers may support it and I am sure Disney is looking for any reason to drop the requirements. I am not sure the CM want to be policing this with larger crowds.

I am hoping it is lifted before the Thanksgiving holiday. It seems like the numbers may support it and I am sure Disney is looking for any reason to drop the requirements. I am not sure the CM want to be policing this with larger crowds.

Enforcement is spotty at best. Pretty much none in hotels, bathrooms, shops are hit or miss since once in the door not as much till at register. Kids even less. Ride lines lots of noses. Most follow the rules wether they like it or not but still many that push it.

I’ve been following the CDC website for the Covid numbers in Orange County Fl.
They have been posting the positivity numbers since the beginning but just started posting the Case Rate per 1000 on October 23rd. On the 23rd it was 73.06 and stayed that until October 29th when it went to 57.41.
So I’m hoping it will fall below 50.0 in the next few days. That will allow Orange County to go from Substantial to moderate.
When it’s moderate (I think) they will hopefully lift the indoor mask requirement.
Here is the website. I don’t know how to go back and see past numbers. I’ve been taking a screen shot every day.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

I am guessing that number is going to be one that might only update weekly at best, I don't fully believe it hasn't changed at all even subtle since the 29th.

It's crazy how dramatically mask laws and guidelines for lifting them vary from place to place. (This isn't a commentary on what's better or what should be. I just think the difference is interesting.)

Where I live, our 7-day case rate is comfortably under 20 per 100,000 and has been stable or decreasing for nearly two months. Percent positivity is around 1.5%. 87% of the eligible population (includes 11-year-olds born in 2009) are fully vaccinated. Masks remain required in all indoor public spaces and workplaces, including those where everyone eligible must be fully vaccinated, which is almost everywhere. And we're told that this will continue until at least the end of March.

We have plans to visit Disney in mid-March. I fervently hope there will be no mask requirement by then. Since we'll apparently still be wearing them at home, it would be nice to at least get away from them for awhile on vacation.

I would be shocked if they are still required at Disney by then. All of Disney's staff will be fully vaccinated soon, so that won't be a reason either. I agree it is really crazy how different it is in different places. I live in a maskless county, that is considered almost low for rate of transmission and have only vaccinated about 54% and have well over 200K people that live in the county so its not tiny.

Enforcement is spotty at best. Pretty much none in hotels, bathrooms, shops are hit or miss since once in the door not as much till at register. Kids even less. Ride lines lots of noses. Most follow the rules wether they like it or not but still many that push it.
That’s good to hear. I spent a lot of my 2021 trip reprimanding my kids about their mask being on wrong because back in January enforcement was harsh and out doors as well. I saw someone almost get removed for his mask below his nose. And we got chastised by housekeeping twice because my 5 year old lost his mask in the parking lot and we had to rush him through kidani to our room hiding his face.

the most magical moment that trip was when I saw a cast member peak in the stroller a couple times but not say anything. I am pretty sure my daughter had her mask down sucking her thumb asleep. She just chatted with me and was very kind instead.

My kid in the stroller won't be wearing a mask at anytime. My other two kids will and they know how to wear them appropriately. They are the only kids in the whole school that wears them. Easy to find in school nowadays. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter