• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

covid question

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
DH and I both tested positive 9/7. We were double vaxxed and are good now. However, I took a test 9/16, just got results back today and I was still positive! Now I'm nervous I'm going to be one of those people who tests positive for weeks (my school nurse says some people test positive up to 3 months). I am going to try to get another test today.
Will that just knock us off the cruise if that happens, or can I bring a doctor's note that I am not actively positive? What's a good number to call if I'm one of those people?

My understanding is that a positive test is a positive test on embarkation day. If you're still testing positive within 14 days, I'd use their cancel policy.

I think you call the standard number, but I don't know that the Bahamas recognizes a doctor's note around the positive test.

DH and I both tested positive 9/7. We were double vaxxed and are good now. However, I took a test 9/16, just got results back today and I was still positive! Now I'm nervous I'm going to be one of those people who tests positive for weeks (my school nurse says some people test positive up to 3 months). I am going to try to get another test today.
Will that just knock us off the cruise if that happens, or can I bring a doctor's note that I am not actively positive? What's a good number to call if I'm one of those people?
When is your cruise?

On the safe passages website there is a section about people who have recovered in the past 90 days. I can't go back and look at it now because I am already "approved", and I don't know exactly what it says as I have not ever tested positive. There is some sort of form to upload certifying that you had COVID and that you are now recovered, if I am not mistaken.

Call DCL to verify.

I work in the ER and we have found that alot people test positive for at least 3 weeks but some do test up to 3 months later.

Whether you are a doctor/nurse/tech, I just want to say: THANK YOU for what you do. Sounds cliché-y these days but I truly think people that work in hospitals these days are true heroes... you are the best of humanity.
Thank you.

Whether you are a doctor/nurse/tech, I just want to say: THANK YOU for what you do. Sounds cliché-y these days but I truly think people that work in hospitals these days are true heroes... you are the best of humanity.
Thank you.
Awww thanks. I’m actually ER registration. So we are the ones getting yelled at for the current 10 hour waits. But seriously, I do love my job. Just ready for this current COVID wave to pass. This one has been the worse one yet!! So many very very sick people!

On the safe passages website there is a section about people who have recovered in the past 90 days. I can't go back and look at it now because I am already "approved", and I don't know exactly what it says as I have not ever tested positive. There is some sort of form to upload certifying that you had COVID and that you are now recovered, if I am not mistaken.

Call DCL to verify.
This WAS true, but reports are that it is no more. Whatever your test shows at the port it the only single determining factor. Agree with others, test before you leave home. If still positive, call DCL to reschedule.

Although Safe Passage allows you to update that information....DCL policy is that the rapid test at the port is the only factor. So we didn't bother updating the Covid info. Plus the Safe Passage site says to update a positive PCR result. We tested positive on a rapid test and the clinic said they wouldn't process the PCR test, so no results there.
I have since bought at home rapid test kits, Intelliswab, and intend to test a few days before the cruise.

Although Safe Passage allows you to update that information....DCL policy is that the rapid test at the port is the only factor. So we didn't bother updating the Covid info. Plus the Safe Passage site says to update a positive PCR result. We tested positive on a rapid test and the clinic said they wouldn't process the PCR test, so no results there.
I have since bought at home rapid test kits, Intelliswab, and intend to test a few days before the cruise.

At this point does anyone know if they are doing rapid antigen tests or rapid PCR tests at the port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter