Covid headache

LoveSpringsteen

DIS Veteran
UPDATE . My headache is finally lessening. It’s not 100% gone, but it is better and I feel almost human again 🤣. I ended up taking the 800 mg ibuprofen first thing this morning. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. This board is the best!

Covid has hit our household. First my son and now me. I have a fever, sore throat, body aches and the worst headache I’ve ever had. I can deal with everything else, but this headache is brutal. I’ve tried taking Excedrin Migraine and that isn’t working. I’ve also tried cold washcloths on my forehead and neck. For those of you that may have experienced a Covid headache, did you find any medication that helped? Can you also let me know how long the headache lasted when you had Covid? Thank you.

Last edited:
Covid has hit our household. First my son and now me. I have a fever, sore throat, body aches and the worst headache I’ve ever had. I can deal with everything else, but this headache is brutal. I’ve tried taking Excedrin Migraine and that isn’t working. I’ve also tried cold washcloths on my forehead and neck. For those of you that may have experienced a Covid headache, did you find any medication that helped? Can you also let me know how long the headache lasted when you had Covid? Thank you.
Have you tried ibuprofen? 800mg. See if that helps .Hope you feel better soon.

Ice packs on back of neck and heating pad on my eyes. Lots of sleep and water or Gatorade. I know that headache it was awful mine lasted two days of the unbearable than got better . Good luck !🍀

Sorry. No meds helped my COVID headache.
But it was gone within a day. Hope yours passes soon! :goodvibes
Try to sleep.

I haven’t experienced this, so I have no suggestions, but I still wanted to send you a get well wish - sending lots of PD your way, and your son’s way, to feel better soon :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

The headache was brutal. I‘m sorry you’re feeling so unwell. The others gave good suggestions. I alternated Tylenol and ibuprofen. I think it lasted two days for me and was at the beginning of being symptomatic.

The headache was brutal. I‘m sorry you’re feeling so unwell. The others gave good suggestions. I alternated Tylenol and ibuprofen. I think it lasted two days for me and was at the beginning of being symptomatic.
Thank you. I feel hopeful there’s an end in sight.

Headache was really my only bad symptom (I had a somewhat sore throat and coughed a bit, but not that bad). However, I get migraines and figured that COVID-19 was triggering that. Mine lasted pretty much a full week with a bit of a lingering round of migraines.

Ibuprofen helped my husband and I. Luckily the headache only lasted 2-3 days but it was rough.
Thank you. I’m encouraged reading posts this morning that this shouldn’t last much longer. I took the 800 mg ibuprofen this morning and hoping for the best.

Headache was really my only bad symptom (I had a somewhat sore throat and coughed a bit, but not that bad). However, I get migraines and figured that COVID-19 was triggering that. Mine lasted pretty much a full week with a bit of a lingering round of migraines.
Oh gosh. I’m sorry you suffer with migraines. Headache is my worst symptom. My son got Covid first and he hasn’t had a headache at all. His symptoms are like a really bad cold with a cough.

Try to get in a comfy position as both the ibuprofen and the Tylenol may help you doze off, too. Don’t be alarmed if you wake up sweaty, it’s how they lower body temperature. Keep clothing light and loose, and if you use a blanket, keep it a light one. If your headache doesn’t get any better, you could call your doctor’s office and ask them to call you in a prescription strength order for ibuprofen to your pharmacy, it can work better than OTC. Some people like a cool cloth on their forehead or some ice. (Ice is too cold for me, though WalMart still sells those blue bags that hold ice and sit comfortably on your head, I do keep one on hand.) Also keep the lights low and pull shades if you can, TV sound on low, silence phone, go to the bathroom before you lay down, keep some water nearby, etc., so you can rest without being disturbed. It sounds awful and I hope you can get some relief. :flower3:

It was the same for me. I had originally thought it was a migraine, took two doses of my meds without any relief before I thought to take my temp and test for covid. I would try to hydrate with any fluids that seem appealing.

Try to get in a comfy position as both the ibuprofen and the Tylenol may help you doze off, too. Don’t be alarmed if you wake up sweaty, it’s how they lower body temperature. Keep clothing light and loose, and if you use a blanket, keep it a light one. If your headache doesn’t get any better, you could call your doctor’s office and ask them to call you in a prescription strength order for ibuprofen to your pharmacy, it can work better than OTC. Some people like a cool cloth on their forehead or some ice. (Ice is too cold for me, though WalMart still sells those blue bags that hold ice and sit comfortably on your head, I do keep one on hand.) Also keep the lights low and pull shades if you can, TV sound on low, silence phone, go to the bathroom before you lay down, keep some water nearby, etc., so you can rest without being disturbed. It sounds awful and I hope you can get some relief. :flower3:
Thank you so much for this great advice. It is so thoughtful of you. I wish I would have done this last night. I think it would have helped. I did take 800 mg over the counter ibuprofen this morning and hoping it helps. Fingers crossed 🤞 🤗

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter