• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID-19 Rebooking Question: What to do with leftover credit?

Steinlc

Earning My Ears
We will likely be cancelling our upcoming cruise, but all our rebooking options are less expensive (and shorter) than our current cruise. Are they allowing you to use the credit on board for drinks, excursions, etc.?

Hoping to get my answer here because I know their call centers are slammed.

Donate to those of us that can't find a cruise as cheap as the one we are booked for! LOL And, now I've learned that I can't even combine my two rooms into one to try and find a new cruise either. So, if anyone knows of a 5 night cruise off the East coast verandah for $3200 and an inside stateroom for $2500...please let me know! Special rates are awesome...until you try to rebook within a year :)

Gift shop, adult dining, excursions, book a placeholder or two lol

It really depends on how much OBC you receive.

Well, we're only getting a "cheaper" cruise because we're cutting our cruise time in half. We planned a 6 night spring break 2020 cruise and the 6 night spring break 2021 cruise is ONE DAY outside the 12 month rebooking window. So we now have to spend $5,200 on a 3 or 4 night cruise :(

This will be our first (and probably last) Disney cruise. There's just so much risk and so little flexibility for such an expensive vacation.

When I moved my cruise out yesterday, I was specifically informed that any funds in excess on my the new booking would go towards the on-board account which must be used in its entirety as there will be no refunds, use it or lose it.

When I moved my cruise out yesterday, I was specifically informed that any funds in excess on my the new booking would go towards the on-board account which must be used in its entirety as there will be no refunds, use it or lose it.

Unless things have changed, I think you can purchase Disney Gift cards in the shops on board. If so, and if I had a sizable OBC that I didn't necessarily want to spend on trinkets, food or excursions, I think I would use Gift Cards to use up my credit.

Well, we're only getting a "cheaper" cruise because we're cutting our cruise time in half. We planned a 6 night spring break 2020 cruise and the 6 night spring break 2021 cruise is ONE DAY outside the 12 month rebooking window. So we now have to spend $5,200 on a 3 or 4 night cruise :(

This will be our first (and probably last) Disney cruise. There's just so much risk and so little flexibility for such an expensive vacation.
This could be the first time I've seen a question of how I can use up money with Disney. . . typically I'm like a goalie trying to keep Mickey away from my bank account, most times losing.

Did you call and ask for an exception to be made for the one day? I’d definitely try. And maybe talk to multiple people.

Do all the things and buy a nice wine for dinner.

I don’t know what your overage is, but considering the money is gone no matter what, may as well do some things you orherwise might not have, like Remy dinner and brunch and/or Palo dinner and brunch, an expensive bottle of wine or spa treatment. Pixie dust someone. Believe me, there are plenty of ways to spend that money and Disney will be keeping it anyway.

Do you have enough to sail concierge? That's what I'd do with lots of extra funds. Or excursions that are obviously way overpriced but look fun.

OBC can be used for gratuities

We were thinking if we have to re-book our May 16th 7-day Eastern cruise (fingers crossed it will be fine), that maybe we would book two shorter cruises, perhaps 4 night Christmas and a 3 night. Is that an option when re-booking?

Others have reported you can only book 1 future cruise with the credit, it cannot be split. I don't know if a B2B might be an exception, though honestly it sounds like DCL is not currently making any exceptions for any reasons. Good luck.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am assuming you could use the OBC for the Tiffany's store, fancy watch, spa treatments, photo package, etc.

I think I could use it up quickly.

We ended up having to pay thousands more to rebook our cancelled one. We'd booked our (now cancelled) 2020 spring break one a year ago & the only date we could rebook to was this coming June so we're paying higher rates just to do the same sailing. I was told that it all has to be used on one sailing and one room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter