Covid-19 clinical trials

Mirielle

DIS Veteran
My step-daughter is positive for Covid-19. She got an email today asking if she would participate in a clinical trial for people who have tested positive. She wanted my thoughts on this. I don't have any factual info on how the trial will be conducted, nor does she at this point. I can't possibly advise her. Anyone here knowledgeable and have thoughts?

My step-daughter is positive for Covid-19. She got an email today asking if she would participate in a clinical trial for people who have tested positive. She wanted my thoughts on this. I don't have any factual info on how the trial will be conducted, nor does she at this point. I can't possibly advise her. Anyone here knowledgeable and have thoughts?

Clinical trial for what? Does the email specific what kind of clinical trial?

I can only say from the general perspective of someone who is frequently offered to participate in clinical trials (migraine medications), there are the pros and cons to participating. There could be a financial incentive, however, the trial medication may cause side effects that you couldn't imagine.

With all of that said, without clinical trials, we would not have medical options available for so many illnesses today.

I agree. Wish I could delete post.
You certainly can go back and edit the post to remove whatever you'd like.

Or, you can contact a moderator to have the whole thread removed, by using the "report" link at the lower left of your first post. Just tell them what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter