Coveted CRT 8:00 am reservation - is it worth the $$?

Bump. Looking for input on whether to keep an 8:10 reservation on an EMH day. It's also our last day and we will be out of DO credits by then thanks to Star Wars dining the night before. I'm leaning towards canceling CRT, but want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

(Also planning on askershus, chef Mickey and 1900 park fare).

YES!!!! .... absolutely!! BEFORE park opening?!? ooooo the pics ... I have four daughters ... ADULT 26, 24, 19, 18 .... they LOVE IT!!! ... each time!!! It is very special <3

Park opening with EMH is at 8. U.S. Is an 8:10 reservation worth it? I also have CP .

We had an 8am CP last December when they changed all MK park opening hours to 8am. We were let in like 5-10 minutes before park opening. We had to "walk with a purpose" to get pictures in front of the castle before the mass of people came in right after us. Definitely not worth it to me. We pretty much had to rush like mad men trying to get our pictures and then rush to our CP ADR.

Thanks, xjay. I a, strongly leaning towards canceling CRT - and not even sure I want CP. We may want to sleep n on our last day of vacation - and if there's no use in an 8:10 reservation - then I'm not wanting to try and race my family there from the Epcot area to be part of a mass of humanity.

We went on our last trip for lunch. It was $320 for 4 adults and 2 children. For me personally, no, not worth it. The food was meh, service felt rushed and the food was too expensive for what you actually got. However, my daughters LOVED it. We celebrated their birthday there and they thought it was the most amazing experience of their lives. Just for that, yes, it's worth it in the end. I agree with others - get your daughter's input. If she wants to do it, then consider keeping the ADR, especially if you don't think you'll be back for awhile. For our upcoming August trip, we're going to try Akershus instead, but I know my daughters would probably rather go back to CRT.

Yea. We got to the park around 7:20am. We were about 7th in line waiting on the side for early dining reservations. Thought we were going to be let in at least by 7:45am because I heard they usually let people in at least 15 minutes before their ADR. But 7:50 passed and I was freaking out that point. The CM that was guarding our rope didn't even know what time it was! By 7:52, we were finally let into the parks. Apparently they were still doing some kind of filming for the ABC Christmas Parade even though the actual filming ended days before our CP reservation

Thanks, xjay. I a, strongly leaning towards canceling CRT - and not even sure I want CP. We may want to sleep n on our last day of vacation - and if there's no use in an 8:10 reservation - then I'm not wanting to try and race my family there from the Epcot area to be part of a mass of humanity.
We ended up cancelling our pre-RD CP breakfast ADR because it was our last day and my kids were so tired by the end of the trip.

Last day you also have to get all packed up and something done w your bags. We have done crt many moons ago. Won't be back, just can't justify the cost

Good luck w your decision!

We had an 8am CP last December when they changed all MK park opening hours to 8am. We were let in like 5-10 minutes before park opening. We had to "walk with a purpose" to get pictures in front of the castle before the mass of people came in right after us. Definitely not worth it to me. We pretty much had to rush like mad men trying to get our pictures and then rush to our CP ADR.

This will be us for our 8:10 CP next week. I am shooting for getting to the gate at 7:30 and hoping that we get in at least a few minutes before the crowd. I know we will have to walk briskly to get to the castle for a pic, but we already have the reservation, so I figure that it is worth a shot since we'll have the kids in a stroller. Either way, the kids like Pooh, we need to eat, and it forces us to get there before the rope drop.

I wouldn't do CRT on an EMH day . Because the park will be more crowded and you will spend your prime time eating breakfast while everyone else fills the park. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't do CRT on an EMH day . Because the park will be more crowded and you will spend your prime time eating breakfast while everyone else fills the park. Just my opinion.
I agree. If my only option was to go to CRT or CP on an EMH day I would rather get there for RD at 8, get on some stuff and then have a late ADR at 10:30 or so.

We had an 8:05am ADR at CRT on our trip last Sept, and while I'm glad we experienced it once, I don't feel the need to go back (unless my daughters ever specifically ask for it). The food was what I expected and the princess interaction inside was good, but I didn't get the jump on rope drop that I was hoping for. When we checked in, Cinderella wasn't even greeting yet and there was a long line to meet her. So that set us back at least 20 minutes or so, and we didn't get out of the restaurant until after 9:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter