• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cove Bar

mummabear

DIS Veteran
please fill me in. Saw a Candyfloss cocktail in my FB feed today and I want to go.

We have 3 young kids, what are the rules about kids in there?

Do I need a reservation if I just want a drink?

They don't take reservations at all, whether you want food and drinks or just drinks you have to wait. The line can get pretty long. You can bring kids in there, but they cannot sit at the bar, only at the tables.

Is this the drink in question?

W1K0fgh.jpg

Cove Bar is most definitely kid friendly and it does get busy. It opens at 11:00am (I think) and a small line gathers just before opening. I would aim to get there for around that time and then once you've got a table send the kids over to get a soft serve icecream cone from Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company.

edit: omg, that pic is huge, apologies!

Cove Bar is THE BEST. Get on the list and they'll text you when your table is ready.

And don't think it's just about cocktails - the Lobster Nachos, sliders and Quesadilla Rolls are awesome. It's a great place to eat, enjoy the sun and watch the rides on Paradise Pier.

Probably my favorite spot in all of DCA.

Cove Bar is THE BEST. Get on the list and they'll text you when your table is ready.

And don't think it's just about cocktails - the Lobster Nachos, sliders and Quesadilla Rolls are awesome. It's a great place to eat, enjoy the sun and watch the rides on Paradise Pier.

Probably my favorite spot in all of DCA.

They do not always do the texting thing. In fact, I have never experienced that. Every time I've gone you have to stand in the line and wait.

They do not always do the texting thing. In fact, I have never experienced that. Every time I've gone you have to stand in the line and wait.

Weird ... I've had to stand in line and wait to get on the list, but they always let us walk around once we're on the list and will text us. I wonder if it's just on high-volume days or weekends? Because it most certainly happened to me on multiple occasions, but they were always race/holiday weekends ...

I'm usually only there on high volume days (holidays, race weekends, summer, spring break) and we always have to stay in line, never experienced the text thing there. Oh, and if you like a good Moscow Mule, don't get it at Cove Bar. I love the nachos (I love lobster, but you can substitute chicken or steak) and the sliders!

Last edited:

Anytime I've checked the line at Cove bar, it's been an hour or more wait to get in. They've never offered us a text or reservation.

I've experienced both at the Cove Bar. The first time, they sent us a text when our table was ready and the second time, we had to stay in line until a table was ready. I don't know how they decide which route to go...but the line can be very long. We usually go for an early dinner (around 4:00 pm) and the wait was anywhere from 60 minutes to 90 minutes.

When we went in November I figured it would open at 11:30 like Trader Sam's but that particular day it was open at 10:45 LOL. So we hustled over at 11:15 and got a table with no problem. My kids LOVED their cotton candy drinks and they were kind enough to make a cheese flatbread since I have a couple of picky eaters. The Cove Bar is not to be missed!

I think the texting thing was a test and they aren't doing it anymore. I've been to DCA a lot lately and there is always a huge line of people and people are seated directly from the front of the line.

Darn, can't see DH waiting in line for an hour to get drinks!
Will try opening time and hope for the best

Is this the drink in question?

W1K0fgh.jpg

Cove Bar is most definitely kid friendly and it does get busy. It opens at 11:00am (I think) and a small line gathers just before opening. I would aim to get there for around that time and then once you've got a table send the kids over to get a soft serve icecream cone from Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company.

edit: omg, that pic is huge, apologies!

This is the pic that came up on my Facebook Feed

Dang I was hoping for the text alert in May. We went last year in June and the did the text alert. I was hoping to time it so we could get a table around Woc. Is it still possible? When would be a good time to line up then?

You have to check the times. It closes an hour before the park closes. WOC is either at park closing or 15 minutes before park closing when there's 1 show. They cap the line to seat everyone well before closing. So to be safe, if the line is 90 minutes, you'd need to be in it 3 hours before WOC.

You have to check the times. It closes an hour before the park closes. WOC is either at park closing or 15 minutes before park closing when there's 1 show. They cap the line to seat everyone well before closing. So to be safe, if the line is 90 minutes, you'd need to be in it 3 hours before WOC.

God I wish they took reservations!

God I wish they took reservations!
Then we'd likely be walking by looking at the few people who managed to get them enjoy their lobster nachos and specialty drinks while debating which other place to eat.

Good to know! Guess that will not happen hahaha

I've only been once, but we had to stand in line and wait, no texting.

The day we went was warm and they were seating anyone willing to sit in the sun immediately. For everyone else it was about a 20-30 minute wait. I think it was a weekday.

Wow, we must have lucked out the one time we went to Cove Bar. We walked up and there was no line at all and were seated almost immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter