Cove Bar in DCA ?

No , it's a bar - drinks and appetizers :) Be aware - it's often closed when it's not peak season (no posted hours that I know of? Just that it's not open when it's "slow" at the parks)

Also - on WoC nights ( every night this summer and maybe in the Fall?) they started to charge a cover to discourage people from hanging out there all night and watching WoC.

Does anyone know officially when the are actually open during the off season? Is it just Fri / Sat / Sun? I seem to recall that this is the case but can't find anything online to corroborate this.

Well now it's a questions if it will close. Because as Tdashgirl noted it's open on WoC night and WoC is scheduled all the way out right now.

But that cover she talked about it a big disincentive to go there in the evening.

Make sure to get the lobster nachos!!! Sounds weird but sooooooooo good!!

I second the lobster nachos! The drinks are ok. Nice on a warm day to sit and relax with a cocktail. Fun to watch the "Screamers" (on the ride) take off, too!

Oh delicious lobster nachos! How I miss thee!!

DSC02224.jpg

Mmmm, love me some lobster nachos :thumbsup2 And I'm so not a fruity drink person, but there's something about a glow-tini at the Cove Bar ... :cloud9:

It's totally kid-friendly, I see kids there all the time, and we always have DD6 with us. As pointed out, just don't try to sit at the bar with the kidlets :)

I too am not sure about the schedule in the "off" season but we went there for "lunch" in June and it was a great alternative to a traditional lunch. I think they opened right around noon and as a previous poster mentioned you simply just walked in and sat down. It was so nice on a hot day to just sit next to the water in the open air and we ordered a few of the different appetizers (lobster nachos being one of them YUM!!!) and some of the cocktails also YUM and my kids were able to come and enjoyed some fun shirley temples ;) It was really a nice change. Good luck and enjoy! :)

No , it's a bar - drinks and appetizers :) Be aware - it's often closed when it's not peak season (no posted hours that I know of? Just that it's not open when it's "slow" at the parks)

Also - on WoC nights ( every night this summer and maybe in the Fall?) they started to charge a cover to discourage people from hanging out there all night and watching WoC.

yes.. thank you tdash!!!
:goodvibes
she is right. it does charge at night for WOC veiwing and it closes at random times at off peak times! and if your thinking this may be a great place to watch WOC, think again. its the worst view in the world and i would never pay the cover charge to see it from cove bar! that is MHO! :)

Does anyone know officially when the are actually open during the off season? Is it just Fri / Sat / Sun? I seem to recall that this is the case but can't find anything online to corroborate this.

off season they ARE open, fri-sun, during the week not so much! :sad2:

they do not have hours posted, you have to go and ask the bartenders:)

i am going to assume as soon as WOC is over, they will cut the cover charge, its only to detour people from hanging out like tdash said! :goodvibes witch sucks cause if you just wanted to get a water in a real glass, you would have to pay $10 to do that, and umm yeh kids can be there just not at the bar!

I second the lobster nachos! The drinks are ok. Nice on a warm day to sit and relax with a cocktail. Fun to watch the "Screamers" (on the ride) take off, too!

i love doing that!! i am there on a hot day, although not in a while since i been boycotting due to the cover charge,. i also agree the lobster nachos are good!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cove bar mmmmmmmmmm lobster nachos.....LOL I love the Cove Bar, the Lobster Nachos are delish!! They have good drinks too. Kids are absolutely OK, we've taken our girls in and they've had a appetizer and a Shirley Temple or just a soda while we've had our drinks.

Interesting about the WOC cover charge. When we were there in Sept 2012 our waiter was encouraging us to stay/come back to watch WOC IF we had already seen it (we had). He said it wasn't the greatest view but if you wanted to hang out and hear the music they were encouraging people to come in. I don't believe there was a cover. So maybe they changed it?

As I mentioned in another post my kids loved it because we could watch Screamin pause then take off over the water. They thought that was the coolest thing, and Mom and Dad were free to enjoy our cold drink and nachos. It was a perfect afternoon break.

I just walked in and had a seat at the bar while the wife and girls were doing Ariel's grotto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter