Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance & Waterpark Resort

Barefoot On A Plane

Mickey Mousin' for Mari
Anyone have thoughts about this resort? How close is it really? is it close enough to walk to and take a mid day break? Looks decent online but wondering about cleanliness ect. Thanks for any info.

That's been our go-to resort for the last 3 trips we did to DLR. We last went in June 2022. It's gone up in price but compared to what you'd get elsewhere, I think it's pretty good if you need more than 1 bed. You really can't beat having the extra bed + bunk bed and the separated walk-in shower and toilet behind a locked door from the vanity area and other tub/shower. It makes it really easy to get ready with multiple people.

A very quick walk. I'd say just under 10 minutes from the front door to the security area. We always take mid-day breaks to go swim. Very clean and having the Starbucks in the lobby is nice.

It is very close, but not the closest. It is absolutely close enough to take a midday break. It is more expensive than many other properties nearby, but it comes with unique room types and the water park. The cost per night often comes close to some rooms at Pixar Place or DL Hotel, depending on time of year and discounts available. Of course, you are getting a larger room type at the Marriott, but the cost is what has deterred me in favor of other closer and cheaper options. I recommend evaluating how much time you actually think will be spent at the waterpark, as that would be relevant to whether this hotel is worthwhile. There are multi room and suite options for cheaper and closer along Harbor, but they will not have the elaborate water park or pool.

I'm sure you will be very satisfied if you decide to stay there!

I stayed there in 2016 when my kids were young. It's a nice alternate to the Disenyland Hotel. The walk to and from the park isn't bad. What I didn't like was the mandatory valet parking, and that the pool is only 3 feet deep. If that doesn't bother you, I say go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have small children. ETA-the waterslides were fun.

We have not stayed there yet. It’s on our list! I was on the website and saw that they are renovating rooms starting Nov. 1, 2024. Not sure when you are going. And they also still require a reservation for the water park/pool. More of a heads up than anything. Have a great trip!!

It's my favorite offsite resort, but it's definitely geared towards families.

We stayed there in June 2022 and the rooms were definitely showing a little wear and tear but nothing that really bothered us. We brought our toddler with us and he loved the waterpark more than he loved DLR itself. We went back to the hotel every afternoon for a nap and waterpark break, and while the walk wasn't fun while pushing a stroller in the heat, it was manageable for us.

We had a king room which had a king bed plus a separate bunk bed area. It's probably the largest non-suite hotel room I have stayed at in the area. The king rooms there also had a direct view of the park and fireworks which was definitely a bonus.

Aside from the aforementioned parking issue, the one other thing we had an issue with were the elevators. There are only 2 elevators servicing the entire hotel, and during peak times they can get pretty backed up. However, the staff and service there more than made up for it.

If we hadn't bought into DVC, we probably would have ended up staying there again.

I mention this every time the Courtyard comes up but it is probably my favorite feature of the hotel: the rooms have two showers. If not for us being Hilton folks and the Home2Suites/Garden Inn combo opening nearby, we would definitely be staying here often. It is extremely handy when you have 5 or 6 guests in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter