Couple that lived at Disney for a year

Most likely. They can make money off views and advertisements. If they were popular enough the YouTube money could’ve paid for all of this.
They run a small marketing agency as well, apparently. I really like their videos and blog. Their room tours are the absolute best on the internet.

I love the idea. I don’t know about a year, but I could see myself wintering in WDW easily. We currently have enough dvc points for a one bedroom villa for January and February. Plan to make that happen in the future. I couldn’t do a long stay in a hotel room, but the dvc villas, especially Okd Key West, Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom would suit me perfectly for a long stay.

They run a small marketing agency as well, apparently. I really like their videos and blog. Their room tours are the absolute best on the internet.

I love the idea. I don’t know about a year, but I could see myself wintering in WDW easily. We currently have enough dvc points for a one bedroom villa for January and February. Plan to make that happen in the future. I couldn’t do a long stay in a hotel room, but the dvc villas, especially Okd Key West, Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom would suit me perfectly for a long stay.

I could definitely do a month on property in a villa.

When I took DD on a mother daughter trip in November 2018 there was a woman at the pool at BWV telling me how unseasonably hot it was. She went on to say That her and her husband go every November for a month. They meet up with friends (who were also at the pool) and they all stay for the month. I Think these were friends they made from their month long Disney stays that just happen to go at the same time every year too.

it sounded like so much fun and something I would love to do one day.

I could definitely do a month on property in a villa.

When I took DD on a mother daughter trip in November 2018 there was a woman at the pool at BWV telling me how unseasonably hot it was. She went on to say That her and her husband go every November for a month. They meet up with friends (who were also at the pool) and they all stay for the month. I Think these were friends they made from their month long Disney stays that just happen to go at the same time every year too.

it sounded like so much fun and something I would love to do one day.
It does sound like fun. One of my oldest friends—32 years now—is also a dvc owner. We talk about how we will be hanging by the pool at Saratoga in our old age. I can hardly wait to spend long stretches of time down there with her!

Assuming no health issues arise, I could do that but not in studio/single room for a whole year.

I think I read on the dis about a couple that stayed for three months in DVC. Switching between studio and one bedroom every other week. When in studio, they ate out, went to parks. When in one bedroom, cooked in, did laundry, hung out in room more.. If it was me, I would cook a roast, pot of soup or something that needs a real oven/stove, then take that to the studio to reheat.

How does one read the post three times and then not see errors until 20 mins later.???? :crazy2:

Last edited:

I don't know why, but this reminds me of that guy that sold his home and put all his money on a single spin of roulette in Las Vegas. He played red and doubled his money.

Most likely. They can make money off views and advertisements. If they were popular enough the YouTube money could’ve paid for all of this.
They only just started posting their vlogs of them living at WDW for a year. They have posted some resort videos previously but honestly they only have 12.5k subscribers. $10 per 1,000 views is what YouTubers typically get paid if you have a partnership with YouTube and you have to be approved by YouTube. You can get more per 1,000 views but then there's other things you have to do for that. They do say this isn't their full-time job.

I have read quite a few blogs about people who sell their homes in retirement; buy extremely discounted timeshare and live in those places year round. They use UPS sites for mail and packages. You can stay in a place for 30 days and then need to check out and check in to another place. Some of the timeshares allow them to stay 60 days. I actually think it sounds pretty cool. The amount they spend on maintenance fees is what concerns me but again I would not be paying taxes or maintenance on a house or rent if we sold the house. I really think I would love to go for the entire month of January and February here in Western NY the weather is so bad those months. And it is not the snow it is the cloudiness and not seeing the sun. We are now on 10 straight days of clouds.

I just wouldn't want to live for a whole year where I vacation. For me, it just wouldn't be a vacation anymore and that's what I love when I go on trips........getting awhile for a little while. :beach:

I have read quite a few blogs about people who sell their homes in retirement; buy extremely discounted timeshare and live in those places year round. They use UPS sites for mail and packages. You can stay in a place for 30 days and then need to check out and check in to another place. Some of the timeshares allow them to stay 60 days. I actually think it sounds pretty cool. The amount they spend on maintenance fees is what concerns me but again I would not be paying taxes or maintenance on a house or rent if we sold the house. I really think I would love to go for the entire month of January and February here in Western NY the weather is so bad those months. And it is not the snow it is the cloudiness and not seeing the sun. We are now on 10 straight days of clouds.
Yes I miss the sun. We got a few hours of it yesterday here in WI but now back to clouds. BOO!

I just wouldn't want to live for a whole year where I vacation. For me, it just wouldn't be a vacation anymore and that's what I love when I go on trips........getting awhile for a little while. :beach:
It would be a different kind of vacation. One in which you got to really get in depth with the area and experience so much more then just the highlights.

I love to travel but eventually I miss home. Oh I miss the vacation too like when you get to the point realizing you're about to leave but I love my home, my cat, friends and family so while I need vacations every now and then to relax, get away, it's just not my cup of tea to leave for that long right now. It's basically relocating at that point.

When my husband went to TX (for 5+months) then to MD (for 8+months) and a few years later to CA (for 9+months) I could have moved with him each time and brought our cat and rented out our home so I had the opportunity to sorta do this (when my husband was in CA he was about 20miles from DL) but among losing per diem for MD and CA I would have missed home way too much (and our cat would have hated the travel). It was enough to be able to visit him every now and then and for him to be able to come home on a regular basis.

Kudos for these people to be able to do it and really enjoy it. I'd be homesick too much for this to be a voluntary thing at this time. Then again this is basically what my husband had to do being away from home like he was but he said it really really helped being able to come home regularly. I know people mentioned residency--for CA and for MD my husband did have to pay CA and MD income taxes in addition to our home state income taxes and then claimed that on our normal taxes but that was as far as he did in the residency aspect.

I love WDW but I don't get how people do double weeks even. After park visits and a few days of drinks poolside what else do you guys do? I honestly make the trip just long enough that the final day I get a touch of Disney depression on the ride back on ME. I don't ever want to get to the "I am ready to go home" level.

i'm sure it would be different given the amusement park atmosphere at wdw but having grown up in a place where the whole region (including 'normal' places locals regularly frequented-stores, parks, restaurants, entertainment venues...) is a tourist destination i can't think of anything less appealing.

the couple are Alyssa and Robert. Their channel is called "Here with the Ears" and they are completely sweet and adorable.
I'm a big fan as is my daughter. They have the best room tours by far and we love watching their live streams.

They have their own marketing agency, so are able to work from anywhere.
In this series of vlogs they're doing about the year they lived at WDW, they say often that they spent the day working in their room, and then went out for dinner and to one of the parks.

As for long stays at WDW, we often stay for at least 3 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks.
And it's still way too little time.
A whole year at WDW sounds dreamy, though even that wouldn't be long enough!!!! :)

As for long stays at WDW, we often stay for at least 3 weeks, sometimes 4 weeks.
And it's still way too little time.
A whole year at WDW sounds dreamy, though even that wouldn't be long enough!!!! :).

A week tops for me.

Just imagine how much money they're making off of YouTube. At the end of the day, if they get enough views and subscribers, they might come out ahead financially doing this.

I know I'm old because this is crazy stupid to me ,they sold their house and all their belongings to do this, imagine if they did it in 2020!

and where do they go next,they say even they dont know. just crazy.not solid or mature decision making.

I love disney but I cant say this is my dream.oh well.
Yes, it is impulsive and probably not the best financial decision, but people can make a good bit of money streaming, vlogging, and blogging if they work hard at it. I follow Kara and Nate and they do something similar, though they travel the world not just Disney World.

It is definitely my dream to live at Disney, but since I'm too darn practical to jump into something like that it's destined to remain a pleasant daydream. If I ever hit the lottery or find out I've inherited from some long-lost wealthy relative I'll be buying an RV and parking it at Fort Wilderness for as long as I can afford!

I have to say, at first I thought they were :crazy: But then, I read their blog and said, “Why not”? They are young, no children, are self-employed. I started watching their you-tube videos and now I’m hooked!

TC :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter