• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Couple of questions about the Rainforest Cafe

Hipster Meg

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the kids menu is like at the Rainforest Cafe as I can't seem to find one online. Also does it open at lunch time and does it take reservations or is it walk up only like Annettes?

Thanks!

It does take reservations ( at least they did when i was there in march) and is open for lunch.. Allthough I do not think there is a seperate lunch/dinner menu...Here is the kids menu:
http://www.rainforestcafe.com/pdf/menus/kidsMenu.pdf
regular menu:http://www.rainforestcafe.com/pdf/menus/menu.pdf

I would highly reccomend a reservation.. this place gets busy in the evening...Not sure about the ressie number but here are the contact numbers:
407-827-8500 downtown
407-938-9100 animal kingdom

Brilliant, thanks. DS will be please to find out that they do lasagne, he's just discovered it and decided that it's the best thing ever!

It does take reservations ( at least they did when i was there in march) and is open for lunch.. Allthough I do not think there is a seperate lunch/dinner menu...Here is the kids menu:
http://www.rainforestcafe.com/pdf/menus/kidsMenu.pdf
regular menu:http://www.rainforestcafe.com/pdf/menus/menu.pdf

I would highly reccomend a reservation.. this place gets busy in the evening...Not sure about the ressie number but here are the contact numbers:
407-827-8500 downtown
407-938-9100 animal kingdom

The US one does but this is the Paris Disneyland one :goodvibes and they don't ;)

Curious now as what is Popcorn shrimp on that US menu :scratchin

They dont do reservations which is odd, we were looking forward to eating there after doing it in Florida last year and thoroughly enjoying it, but they dont reserve which put me off totally, we just didnt bother in the end, id rather know when we can eat than turn up and be told to wait.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

owensdad said:
They dont do reservations which is odd, we were looking forward to eating there after doing it in Florida last year and thoroughly enjoying it, but they dont reserve which put me off totally, we just didnt bother in the end, id rather know when we can eat than turn up and be told to wait.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Yeah, that's concerned me as well, think we're going to try and avoid that by getting there for opening - when we're at Disney we've found it easier to eat our main meal at lunch time and just have a snack at night as all too often DS was too tired to at a big meal at night.

Curious now as what is Popcorn shrimp on that US menu :scratchin

We have a tradition of eating at the same restaurant the night before we fly out to DLP and that is one of the starters they do there. The popcorn prawns are done in a light crunchy batter in Joels with a creole salsa. Yum :thumbsup2 I think TGI Fridays do a similar one too.

If you are planning on doing the RFC for lunch you won't need a reservation, the Village table service restaurants are not that busy at lunchtimes.

I agree ::yes:: we ate there one afternoon about 4pm and there were only a few of us there. I think so long as you're there before 5:30pm you should have only a minimal wait.

Rainforest Cafe is an amazing restaurant. Weve been twice and the food has been spot on each time. The kids loved the theming and even my hyperactive baby was completely entertained by the goings on so we could relax and enjoy our meals.

Were a little upset we are on free dining this time as it means we cant eat in here but if we can manage to use some of the CS meal vouchers for my youngest then we may be a meal short and I know my OH will ask for RC!

Enjoy!

PS the Iced Tea is OMG! You have to have one but be warned 1 is never enough!:p

If you are planning on doing the RFC for lunch you won't need a reservation, the Village table service restaurants are not that busy at lunchtimes.

Yep I agree with that too ::yes::

We've eaten at RFC twice now, both lunchtimes and it's been absolutely fine.

First time was a few years ago and we did go in around 2.30pm (so quite late or lunch), but when we went there at the begining of this June we arrived around 1pm we were seated immediately and there were plenty of empty tables :)

hth
Luv Suzy

Ah that's a bit pants :scratchin

DH wanted to eat here on the evening of his bday in November, i don't really want him hanging around for a table on his 30th though.....tut! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter