Country Bears

Cullen Cousin

Come to the Tiki Room!
I was wondering which show is playing in the Country Bears? Is it the Jamboree or Vacation Hoedown? I will be at the park in three weeks and was just curious. I love going to see the animatronic shows, since I am not a big thrill rider (dislike roller coasters, but will ride flume rides).

No special shows. Haven't done it in years.

Rumor is a lot of the Christmas sets and costumes were destroyed. And I know for a fact they are not backsatge or above or below the attraction.

Like others have said, it's just the standard one, but it's actually a shortened version than what played years ago. I'm relieved it's still there, even without the Vacation Hoedown and the full original show.

I have seen both of the shows but it has been so long for both of them, that I have forgotten at which park I saw them. Besides, it's been over 18 years since I last saw one of the shows and that was at DL and 40 years for MK! I'm just thankful that I am going in three weeks and get to see them and my favorite birds again! Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

In all our days in Magic Kingdom this is still a show that I have not seen. Actually, I am fairly certain it is the only interaction I have not been to in Magic Kingdom. Well, that and the paddlewheel. Maybe I will have to give it a try!

Dan

... and, Momma, Don't Whoop Little Buford!

Country Bears is a classic Disney show. It was originally designed to be part of a ski resort planned in the 1960s called Mineral King. Marc Davis, the Imagineering legend, was responsible. I believe the original thought was that there would be all kinds of different musical styles, with costumes to match. When the attraction ended up in Florida, where Country & Western was popular, the Jamboree was born.

Last edited:
Classic version I know vacation hoedown they play in Tokyo ... I wish they still had Christmas here but I’ve heard what PP had said where there was damage to some sets

My son has never seen the Country Bears... last trip (May 2015) we were waiting to be seated when the cast members asked everyone to leave. Apparently the attraction broke down.

I have seen both of the shows but it has been so long for both of them, that I have forgotten at which park I saw them. Besides, it's been over 18 years since I last saw one of the shows and that was at DL and 40 years for MK! I'm just thankful that I am going in three weeks and get to see them and my favorite birds again! Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it!

I like Country Bears too, but not as much as the Tiki Room! I love your Barker Bird avatar.

It'd be nice if they could bring back the other shows - maybe even bring in new ones.

I don't understand DisneyWorld's rationale here, "as DW is a tourist and not a local phenomenon, people don't want change when they come to the parks". Then why have Halloween or Christmas parties? Why did Star Wars weekends work so well (and why did you guys botch that up too?!) I get it - why spend the money and effort on transforming rides/shows (like haunted mansion/small world for the holidays) when you get paid the same regardless and parks are at capacity (and dodge the customer complaints when the rides are down for the once-in-a-lifetime trip)
It still isn't plussing the experience and increasing the demand for the ride will lessen it for others.

It'd be interesting to see if they did a complete rebuild of the show with new animatronics and tech so that changing out the tunes and format could be done practically overnight.

In all our days in Magic Kingdom this is still a show that I have not seen. Actually, I am fairly certain it is the only interaction I have not been to in Magic Kingdom. Well, that and the paddlewheel. Maybe I will have to give it a try!

Dan
It's fun to experience at least once. There's some subtle humor built in for adults, too.

Ive wondered how long it will be before "correctness" rears its ugly head when it comes to this show. I absolutely love it and enjoy watching the reactions of people who have never seen the show. But, as with Song of the south, Hall Of Presidents, and Pirates, the people easily offended will eventually make their way to this show and ruin it for everyone.

I like Country Bears too, but not as much as the Tiki Room! I love your Barker Bird avatar.
Thanks! The tiki room is my favorite attraction, followed by the bears. The last time I got to see the Bears was in '90, I believe, at DL and it was the Hoedown. You would think they would switch it up during the summer. Though that is probably asking too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter