Counter Service that sells the same as Table Service

Plaza Restaurant serves the same ice cream as Plaza QS Ice Cream.

Jaleo, Yak & Yeti, Wolfgang Puck, and Morimoto have take-out windows.

Plaza Restaurant serves the same ice cream as Plaza QS Ice Cream.

Jaleo, Yak & Yeti, Wolfgang Puck, and Morimoto have take-out windows.
Thank you! Do you know if any restaurants in the park have an equal quick service option?

I'm confused by the question. Is the question is there any table service restaurant where the same food is available at quick service the answer is no: table service and quick service have different menus and price points.

No, there are no quick service restaurants that have the same food as table service restaurants in the parks.

P&J's takeout is the only qs on property that I can think of that has some of the same food as a TS restaurant (Trail's End).

BOG had the braised pork at both lunch (qs) and dinner (ts), but neither have been offered for quite some time now.

Disney's not stupid. They'd kill the TS restaurant if they offered the same food at a QS restaurant.

I feel like you can get the same fish and chips in Epcot England’s restaurant and window.

You may be right about that. I've heard about half the people say it's the same, and the other half of the people say it's different. I've only eaten at YCFS, and it's been years for that, so I cannot say either way.

I feel like you can get the same fish and chips in Epcot England’s restaurant and window.
My family ate the fish and chips at Rose and Crown last month for the first time. The waiter did confirm they use cod at Rose and Crown and tilapia at Yorkshire County fish shop. I don’t eat fish, but my family has eaten at YCFS multiple times. They said, you could really taste the difference. It was so much better at R & C.

Is there a counter service in any park that offers the same at a table service?

There are a few. In Epcot at Chefs de France, they serve lobster bisque soup and the QS Boulangerie Pastisserie also has lobster bisque soup and the baguette. At the Yak and Yeti, they have crispy honey chicken, chicken fried rice, and pork egg rolls on the TS and QS menus. In MK The Plaza has a fried green tomato sandwich but so does Rosie's All-American Cafe in DHS. Some items from Tokyo Dining are at Katsura Grill in Epcot. You can get a small shrimp cocktail at the the Marketplace at YC for under $10 or get the $19 jumbo shrimp cocktail at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are things you can find at QS that are at TS, not necessarily in the same spot. try looking at the allears.net menus.

Thank you! Do you know if any restaurants in the park have an equal quick service option?
For some people, a Bordeaux wine must be consumed from a proper crystal goblet, but would it taste equally as good from a paper cup?

Will you be similarly intoxicated drinking from either?

Many answers throughout this Thread imply there MUST be a quality distinction between the food served from the counter of an establishment that also has table service available. On the one hand, of course there is; on the other hand, not necessarily so much.

In some ways, a $4 egg roll (for example) served at a quick service will not be the same quality as the $6 eggroll served inside the same place. Is it the egg roll itself or does the one served on a ceramic plate taste better than one served in a disposable cellophane wrapper? <Bordeaux in a paper cup>

To all the naysayers, ask yourself the following question - if my favorite local restaurant catered a meal for a party in my house, would the food taste the same? The answer is both yes and no. But (for example) would you recommend the Veal Marsala from your favorite restaurant even if the food from their catered event tasted different? Same kitchen, same cooks, same ingredients.

On any given day, any restaurant will be unequal to itself.

Sometimes, this is by design (i.e., the Lounge Menu is not available in the dining room); other times, by mistake (i.e., portion sizes & preparation quality vary). Are scrambled eggs on a buffet the same as scrambled eggs made to order from the same kitchen? Yes and no.

So, we can debate whether or not the foods in the combination quick serve/table service establishments are the same/equal.

For instance, if Morimoto is serving quality dumplings & noodles inside their restaurant, are they serving the same or merely another (inferior?) quality product at quick serve? Similarly, if Yak & Yeti is serving fried egg rolls and chicken fried rice inside their restaurant at 'top-dollar', are they also serving the same/equal product made in large batches to the line of people at the counter service? Is the Iberico ham being served inside Jaleo the same as the quick service Iberico ham? I'm suggesting mostly-Yes, others are saying otherwise.

I am merely arguing that if the table service is a quality place that you might wish to enjoy, then the counter service will offer a fairly good example of what you could have paid more money to enjoy on the inside of the place. You get something for paying extra (i.e., a crystal goblet versus paper cup), but are you sacrificing quality - the answer is both yes and no about equality.

Last edited:
I'm confused by the question. Is the question is there any table service restaurant where the same food is available at quick service the answer is no: table service and quick service have different menus and price points.
You understood my question. Thank you. I didn’t know how to word it.

For some people, a Bordeaux wine must be consumed from a proper crystal goblet, but would it taste equally as good from a paper cup?

Will you be similarly intoxicated drinking from either?

Many answers throughout this Thread imply there MUST be a quality distinction between the food served from the counter of an establishment that also has table service available. On the one hand, of course there is; on the other hand, not necessarily so much.

In some ways, a $4 egg roll (for example) served at a quick service will not be the same quality as the $6 eggroll served inside the same place. Is it the egg roll itself or does the one served on a ceramic plate taste better than one served in a disposable cellophane wrapper? <Bordeaux in a paper cup>

To all the naysayers, ask yourself the following question - if my favorite local restaurant catered a meal for a party in my house, would the food taste the same? The answer is both yes and no. But (for example) would you recommend the Veal Marsala from your favorite restaurant even if the food from their catered event tasted different? Same kitchen, same cooks, same ingredients.

On any given day, any restaurant will be unequal to itself.

Sometimes, this is by design (i.e., the Lounge Menu is not available in the dining room); other times, by mistake (i.e., portion sizes & preparation quality vary). Are scrambled eggs on a buffet the same as scrambled eggs made to order from the same kitchen? Yes and no.

So, we can debate whether or not the foods in the combination quick serve/table service establishments are the same/equal.

For instance, if Morimoto is serving quality dumplings & noodles inside their restaurant, are they serving the same or merely another (inferior?) quality product at quick serve? Similarly, if Yak & Yeti is serving fried egg rolls and chicken fried rice inside their restaurant at 'top-dollar', are they also serving the same/equal product made in large batches to the line of people at the counter service? Is the Iberico ham being served inside Jaleo the same as the quick service Iberico ham? I'm suggesting mostly-Yes, others are saying otherwise.

I am merely arguing that if the table service is a quality place that you might wish to enjoy, then the counter service will offer a fairly good example of what you could have paid more money to enjoy on the inside of the place. You get something for paying extra (i.e., a crystal goblet versus paper cup), but are you sacrificing quality - the answer is both yes and no about equality.
Got it thanks. I don’t know if we will have time so looking to see if we can get the equal offer at a QS. Sometimes the ambience makes food taste better, etc. I’m looking to know the facts rather than the feelings/senses. I’m pretty sure we would enjoy the table service better! Lol

There are a few. In Epcot at Chefs de France, they serve lobster bisque soup and the QS Boulangerie Pastisserie also has lobster bisque soup and the baguette. At the Yak and Yeti, they have crispy honey chicken, chicken fried rice, and pork egg rolls on the TS and QS menus. In MK The Plaza has a fried green tomato sandwich but so does Rosie's All-American Cafe in DHS. Some items from Tokyo Dining are at Katsura Grill in Epcot. You can get a small shrimp cocktail at the the Marketplace at YC for under $10 or get the $19 jumbo shrimp cocktail at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. There are things you can find at QS that are at TS, not necessarily in the same spot. try looking at the allears.net menus.
Great answer! I was thinking the QS at Yak and Yeti.

You can get a small shrimp cocktail at the the Marketplace at YC for under $10 or get the $19 jumbo shrimp cocktail at the Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Jumbo shrimp is different from the shrimp in a small shrimp cocktail. Not necessarily better, or worse - just different. This makes the dishes similar, not the same (that the small shrimp cocktail is premade and not in a QS location notwithstanding...)
try looking at the allears.net menus.
The DIS host site, www.wdwinfo.com, provides menus and a variety of search options https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm
I am merely arguing that if the table service is a quality place that you might wish to enjoy, then the counter service will offer a fairly good example of what you could have paid more money to enjoy on the inside of the place.
It appears this is the exception much more so than the rule, and that a great deal of searching (or having had all these dishes at all the locations :)) was required to compile a relatively short list of options. As well, a fried green tomato sandwich at a TS restaurant in MK is likely to not be the same as one at a QS in DHS. I already addressed the shrimp cocktails. And anyone purchasing the bisque de homard should expect a much smaller portion outside the restaurant.

Not that there's anything wrong with that :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter