Countdown clocks

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a coutdown clock to put in the signature. I have the one from TickerFactory.com, but I want one like the ones that we had here that show the actual days, minutes and seconds.

I have one ill post later when I get home from work if you can get it to work let me know thanks

UGAFan0829 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a coutdown clock to put in the signature. I have the one from TickerFactory.com, but I want one like the ones that we had here that show the actual days, minutes and seconds.

I agree!!!!!

I know I am leaving in a couple weeks but I like to see the days and hours... I miss that:sad1: I get more excited if I can see it everytime I post

if they would turn HTML back on it would be much easier

ill post my link when I get home

burma, I think your countdown is working. If you click on the link, it shows your clock. Without HTML, I think that link is as good as you're gonna get with an up-to-the-second countdown clock. :confused3

ChrizJen said:
burma, I think your countdown is working. If you click on the link, it shows your clock. Without HTML, I think that link is as good as you're gonna get with an up-to-the-second countdown clock. :confused3
yes I know thanks but if html was on it would be seen not linked

I know Im still earning my ears here but hey html makes the web go round

Echo queen said:
Clock test

Queen dont use the html code use the BB code it will leave you a link such as the one under my kids pic

HTML is no longer allowed on these boards effective about 1 month ago- you must use tickerfactory-type countdowns which unfortunately are not as accurate or nice.

The countdown you are trying to use is a .cgi script code. Like HTML, things like cgi or javascript will no longer work on the DIS boards. (The old countdowns everyone had were javascript code)

HTML was turned off for everyone's protection and security. The DIS boards were fairly unique in that they ever allowed HTML in the first place. Most discussion boards have never allowed HTML.

While this is unfortunate that HTML had to be turned off, it was necessary, please understand this.

You can link to the .cgi code if you want and it will show in another window as a static display. That is, not actually counting down, but a snapshot of the time left when you hit the link. You can do something similar to the example below:

Example:

We have THIS LONG before our next trip to WDW.

BobNed said:
Here's a link to a countdown generator that sort of works. It shows a real countdown, only it is static.

Countdown Generator
This appears to be a good alternative. It uses a png script to create a new 'image' that is then produced like a photo, giving an immediate 'snapshot' for posting, and also gives the bb code to use which makes linking to it very easy.

09-28-2005_Test+Title_139-0-0_245-245-220.png

Caskbill said:
This appears to be a good alternative. It uses a png script to create a new 'image' that is then produced like a photo, giving an immediate 'snapshot' for posting, and also gives the bb code to use which makes linking to it very easy.

I like it better than the tickers, and hopefully it will help those who want more of a countdown like we had with HTML code. I won't take credit for finding it though, someone else had it in their signature and I just liked it and posted the link.

As an aside, Bill, thank YOU for all you do for us and for your DVC programs. I use them all the time.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter