• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coulldn't stand it...!

georgiapeach60

Mouseketeer
I went ahead and called the HRH again about the E rates. I had been being told to call back the first of Sept and now they told me to call around mid-Sept. For an obsessive preplanner like me it was making me crazy. I got ressies for Feb 7-10 for a rate of 219/nite, GV and will just check back periodically for the E-rate. Now if I could just nail down the airfare all my compulsions will be finalized.

I'm going the 16th - 18th and have a room reserved under a AAA rate for 219 too. I've been calling back and trying to get better deals but even the hotel direct is saying they're pretty much sold out. I'm thinking that there won't be any E rates available.

I too have been trying to get an Entertainment rate for next March, but no luck so far. I was able to get a garden view for AAA rate of $188. I don't understand why your AAA rate is $219. I would call and check on that.

Jannibaby - You're lucky...we just booked for nights of Feb 16 & 17. They only had club level room or kidsuite rooms available. Reason being that the 16th is a pretty much sold out night. We were ther last year same time and on Sunday when we checked in it was a zoo. They said lots of people didn't check out like they were suposed to and the hotel was oversold...doubt we'll get any discounts better than the AAA:jester:

I wish Universal would get it together - they haven't even posted when Mardi Gras will be (I was told "the month of March" - well, Fat Tue. is pretty early in Feb . this year, so I'm betting that's wrong. If someone wanted to go for Mardi Gras, they wouldn't even be able to book yet. And yall are saying the hotel is already filling up for that time.)
Plus, the reservation people I have spoken to act like they are totally clueless about the resorts.
I am hoping that the rest of you have had better experiences with calling Universal's reservations. It was frustrating for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter