Couldn't agree with Pete more...

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I visited several European countries years ago and have to agree with Pete. The British culture has always appealed to me. I loved spending time in London and hope to go back one day. Paris, while nice, just didn't do it for me. I know it is amazing for some, but I wasn't as enamored by it. I am sure that the ABD group out there is going to have a blast at both places though thanks to ABD itself. I was on the BSM trip this past summer and had a great time! :thumbsup2

Even though it's much easier for me to converse with people in the UK than in France, I love both cities. My two daughters and I spent 3 days in each city last summer before a British Isles cruise. I just asked them which city they preferred, and one said Paris and the other said London!

I'm really curious to hear what Pete thought of Paris once he got there.

I loved Paris, but I loved being in Pau, France more. It was true french culture, very few people spoke English, where in Paris I found a lot of people spoke english and would switch to English even if you tried to speak french to them. I noticed that all the menus on the Champs d'elysee were all in english.

Paris and London certainly have the 'must sees' but I prefer the countryside to the major cities in both countries.

I'm with Nikki and Pete. I loved London far more than I liked Paris. Sure Paris was neat to see but I enjoyed my time in London far more. Even now when I look for decor for my home, I see all the Paris and Eiffel Tower stuff but nothing of Big Ben and London and get annoyed. :)

London is more fun :)

I'm much more of an England gal myself...oh wait, both James and I are british... I think we're pretty one sided ;)
While I liked London... my granny lives in Bicester Oxfordshire, and my god parents and uncles live in Amesbury and Salisbury. They are beautiful parts of the country. Very photographic.

I have to agree.

London was wonderful and I had so much fun. I really enjoyed the shopping and just walking around. I felt comfortable and "at home" there.

Paris was just okay. I enjoyed it. Going up the Eiffel Tower in a blizzard was not so fun (all the ice freaked me out). The food was good (when I went to the smaller, hole in the wall places) and I loved the Louvre... but otherwise... eh.

I also went to Amsterdam, Aachen, Munich, and Rome while over there.

How much I liked them in order:
-London
-Munich
-Rome
-Aachen
-Amsterdam (We didn't have much time here. I think I would have liked it better if we had.)
-Paris

I liked London.

I liked Disneyland Paris.

I fell in love with Paris.

Had I been offered the chance to skip DLP and stay in Paris, I would jumped at the chance.

I can't wait to go back

I thought Florence and Venice were the most beautiful cities I had ever seen.

Paris offers some pretty stiff competition.

London is my dream trip. I'm jealouse of everyone who gets to go there. No interest in France at all though. Oh well.

Kevin, I am so glad that you loved Paris! Like London it is a great "walking city". I think what sets it apart from London is the cafe life and the food. The cafes and brasseries on the left bank are wonderful. I love sitting at an outdoor table, drinking a coffee and people watching. Food-wise, you can get a great meal at an inexpensive restaurant. Both cities are fantastic, but we find that Paris is a bit easier on the pocketbook.

"the arc was built by amateurs"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter