could you go with no cash

You will have to have some cash when you go to the parks because some of the carts for icecream and such don't take cards or your resort ID. You could just get it out with your atm but don't you have to pay for each transaction? We always use AE travelers checks because I can't stand those commercials where the helpless female loses her bag with all the cash in it! Nothings messing up my trip to WDW!;)

You should never travel without cash. Computer systems go down from time to time. Credit card companies can put a stop to authorizations due to atypical charging patterns.

We always bring some cash in small bills & rolls of quarters for tips, laundry & snacks, travelers checks(which I get free at AAA) & 1 major credit card. Why use an ATM & get charged for it?

Times when cash is needed:

Parking fees.
Tolls.
Tips (when cannot be included with the check.)
vending machines (IE: doing laundry, stroller rentals, candy, soda, newspapers)
cab fare
Some of the above require loose change which would be a hassle running to an atm and then running and getting change.

We go with most of our money in travellers cheques which we get free from AAA..and a back up credit card. Generally we leave with some cash too and we have the cash when we cash the travelles cheques for purchases and all....

TravelSherry brought up a good point..when credit cards see a strange charging pattern or a bunch of charges on a normally dormant card they can get suspicious...A couple of times my credit cards have called me here when I went and bought expensive things on not often used cards...and they can shut down your credit if they become too suspicious or cannot contact you and think the card could be stolen.I recommend you take some cash with you too....

I tried a new thing this year through my AAA membership. It's called AAA Everyday Funds card. It's a VISA card that you load with your own money. I used it as an alternative to carrying travelers checks. You load the card with money and can get additional cards (for additional cost though) say, in your spouse's name as well so you can both use for purchases. It's like a debit card, but what's good about it is it's not connected to your bank account and you use it just like a VISA and can use at any ATM. Every day when I'd get back to the hotel, I'd just subtract what I spent that day from looking at my receipts. Carried very little cash $200 for odds and ends on the trip. Caution: when you use a VISA card for meals and add on the tip, sometimes a percentage more than what you actually put for the tip is reserved off your card, making your balance less than what you think. It is rectified when the transaction is actually processed which might take a couple days. I think it's the same process as with any credit card. Anyway, I liked not having to sign traveler's checks. It was very convenient and no bills at the end of the trip. If my card was lost or stolen, my husband would still be able to have used his card, as different numbers are assigned to the same account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter