Could this be the WAY? MSC prevents boarding

John VN

N.Y. STYLE CHEESECAKE RULES!!!
DW and I have 2 MSC reservations and would consider cruising with their safety implementations and restrictions. BTW, the Grandiosa can cruise 5772 passengers

MSC Grandiosa, no cruise for 13 French tourists: one of them was suffering from coronavirus
The MSC Grandiosa departed tonight for Civitavecchia with about 650 passengers on board

23/08/2020

Genoa - A group of French tourists who arrived in Genoa to board the MSC Grandiosa were not allowed on board the ship. Once in Genoa on board a minibus, the thirteen French were refused boarding because one of them was found positive for the double swab, mandatory procedure before being admitted on board MSC ships. Two different sources confirm this to ShipMag. Having shared the same bus, unfortunately everyone was banned from entering the Grandiosa. As explained a week ago by MSC CEO, Gianni Onorato, "the health of passengers and crew is our first and absolute priority. The security protocol is very strict. We have introduced an insurance policy that covers expenses already incurred by passengers who test positive for the swab before, during and even after the cruise ”. This is the case of the thirteen Frenchmen rejected in Genoa. The MSC Grandiosa departed tonight for Civitavecchia with about 650 passengers on board.

©RIPRODUZIONE RISERVATA​

Less reason to cruise. Imagine getting on a hotel or airport shuttle to the ship and a person you don't know tests positive. You are now stuck. No place to stay, probably getting hammered changing airlines and the cruise company fighting you over a refund. No thanks. After 15 cruises, I think I'm done. There is no way it will be same and I'm not paying for the changes they are hinting.

That is why we like to drive to the port! No sharing airplanes or shuttle buses with others. I am fine with the restrictions. There isn’t really any other solution. If someone tests positive, everyone in close proximity to them must be treated the same - they all are exposed. Just hope they got a refund.

Less reason to cruise. Imagine getting on a hotel or airport shuttle to the ship and a person you don't know tests positive. You are now stuck. No place to stay, probably getting hammered changing airlines and the cruise company fighting you over a refund. No thanks. After 15 cruises, I think I'm done. There is no way it will be same and I'm not paying for the changes they are hinting.

I agree. I think the days of carefree cruising are long gone.

I agree. I think the days of carefree cruising are long gone.

Darn :(
Replies like this and others above are just... sad... but they're right.
It's sad to see something you love so much slowly falling apart.
#damnvirus

Lol, who says it was ever carefree? After my DH got noro on our first DCL cruise and was quarantined, every time we cruised I have been a nervous wreck the two weeks leading up to boarding worrying someone would get sick and we’d be denied boarding. They always had a health questionnaire and it was never guaranteed you’d be able to board. I think people just used to lie on the questionnaire and never took it seriously before, but if they start testing there’s no way to hide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter