Could someone explain CODES to me please ?

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I don't really know what these are or how you use them, but I understand that they are for discounted rates :confused:
I want to put my own package together for next years holiday, so these could come in handy for me.

Codes (such as AE or MX2):

1. Help the reservation agent quickly find the program or discount you are referring to.

2. Inhibit people to whom the discount is not targeted from getting that discount, i.e. you have to know the code.

Sometimes, even if you know the code, you may be asked additional questions to see if you qualify, e.g. are you a member of such and such an organization.

Many different WDW codes are listed in mousesavers.com

You still must be prepared to show things such as an annual pass at check in if that was a qualification.

Last month's codes may or may not be valid next month.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

www.mousesavers.com gives and explains codes very well. I paid rack room rate our first couple of trips to WDW, but haven't since I found out about the codes. I have found that our local TA's have no clue about discount codes or don't care, so I plan our trips myself with the help of these boards.

Use a company like Dreamsunlimited. They will check and recheck to make sure you get all available discounts.
I don't mind doing the legwork myself but you'll have to pay for an international phone call to do it.

I always put my own package together - I like to be in control! I've found that being in the UK, the best codes are those on the Disneyworld.com website (saves all those international phone calls!) but they generally only come out about 2-3 months in advance. I booked online last month for Dec 15-20th and got the Funshine rate at ASSp for $55 a night - bargain!

If you need any other "put it together yourself" tips, just shout. Glad to share any help I can give!

This is how the codes worked for me, I had already booked my trip online at the WDW website. Then, thanks to these boards, I discovered the codes. I called about my reservation & said, can I apply code XYZ to my current reservation? She said, let me check, then YES! I was able to upgrade to concierge and my package (room & UPH) still went down $200. If I hadn't upgraded I think I would have saved $800. It's was very easy to do.

You can go to www.mousesavers.com and get on the automatic update list, but codes don't seem to come out until 2-3 months early. Alot of us are still waiting for January discount codes.

Happy planning! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter