Could someone elaborate a bit on Titles/deeds matching?...

Mia Kylie and Co

Earning My Ears
I understand that UY and titles/deeds must match in order to be under the same membership ID. But how exact must the titles match? For example my husband and I's names are listed/spelled exactly the same. But what if on one contract his name was listed first and then on another contract my name was listed first? Will Disney recognize that this should be matched and listed under one member ID? Thanks!!

From my research, they have to be in the same order or it will be different. We just retitled ours and were very careful to make sure what we were doing matched the direct contract we just bought exactly.

I would recommend titling them exactly the same. Same order, same spelling of the name including full name and middle name done the same either full middle or initial. We titled both of ours exactly the same and they came together in the same DVC account without any problems.

Thank you!

This is what I thought. I'm so frustrated with our Title Co. I emailed them with the exact order that it should read. I now see the deed recorded and it's in the wrong order! They had even replied to me that they sent it to the sellers the correct way.

I wouldn't think that the order matters, you might want to call member administration and check with them.

:earsboy: Bill
Maybe I'll try calling them again. Of course when I called them the first time they basically told me even if it's titled exactly the same there is no guarantee they'll still be combined into one membership ID. But I see here that you can get all sorts of different answers from Disney depending on who you talk to.

Last edited:
I understand that UY and titles/deeds must match in order to be under the same membership ID. But how exact must the titles match? For example my husband and I's names are listed/spelled exactly the same. But what if on one contract his name was listed first and then on another contract my name was listed first? Will Disney recognize that this should be matched and listed under one member ID? Thanks!!
Years ago we had one that went in the reverse order and it wasn't a problem. The issue is that you're unlikely to be able to get it fixed if it's already been sent to DVC. IF they make them separate they may not be willing to change it even if the deed is changed.

Thanks everyone. So, I called MA again yesterday and was told that they needed to be in the exact order. HOWEVER, our title company contacted Disney Title Department and was told it would be fine. Here is Disney’s response to our Title agent:

“As long as it the same people it does not matter what order they are in on the deed. We would attach it to the existing and they would get the same member number if it is the same use year. If they bought a different use year they will get a new member number.”

I feel pretty confident with this answer since it came from the actual Title Department. As I’m sure MA doesn’t have a full understanding.

Years ago we had one that went in the reverse order and it wasn't a problem. The issue is that you're unlikely to be able to get it fixed if it's already been sent to DVC. IF they make them separate they may not be willing to change it even if the deed is changed.

Glad to hear it worked for you! That makes me feel better. I agree that it wouldn’t be reversible if they set it up separate. Our Title agent felt horrible and was on a mission to rectify. Thankfully it sounds like it should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter