Could Rogers the Musical Ever Come to WDW?

My son, mother, and I were fortunate enough to *happen* to catch the very last performance of Rogers in DL this summer, but my husband (a big Marvel fan) missed it. DS and I were listening to the soundtrack today and he asked whether it might ever come to Florida so that Dad could watch it as well. We spent the car ride speculating on where they might be able to put it (no real obvious candidates unless Beauty and the Beast or Finding Nemo closed temporarily). But the bigger issue may be the restrictions that Disney has about using Marvel east of the Mississippi (or something like that). Does that mean that Rogers is never going to find its way to Florida? Will it ever come back to California? Or might they bypass the themeparks entirely and just bring it to Broadway?

There’s a rumor that it might come back to DL next year but I don’t think they could get away with bringing it to WDW even if they wanted to. Any character featured at Universal can’t be brought to WDW.

Within a few days after the end of its run on Aug 31, there was a cryptic message on the Hyperion marquee that said something to the effect that "endings could be changed" leading to speculation that Rogers hadn't ended and would be back early next year, but nothing has been announced officially. The release of the soundtrack also adds to the speculation of a return.

Found the quote from the Hyperion marquee: "That's the thing about endings...they can be re-written."

We saw Rogers in July and made a return trip at the end of August to see it again. We're hoping it'll return.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter