Could have bought cheaper tix!

I'm No Fool

Mouseketeer
Bought my tickets through a government employee discount site. I now see I could have saved even more ($150!) if I had bought them through the hotel. There's nothing I can do, is there?

What 'hotel' ? Disney hotel tickets are going to be full price normally.
If they haven't been used see if you can get refund.
Also are you figuring taxes in to both prices ?

Perhaps your 'government discount site' isn't really a discount.

Bought my tickets through a government employee discount site. I now see I could have saved even more ($150!) if I had bought them through the hotel. There's nothing I can do, is there?

Did the prices you checked include tax?

Also, when discussing "savings" it can help immensely to just discuss ONE ticket.
Seeing a total savings of $150 on the purchase of, say, 9 tickets vs. the total savings of $150 on just 2 tickets is very significant.

Ooh, what kind of government employee discount site? I'm a state employee, and my roommate is a city employee. We haven't bought our tickets yet (looking at Undercover Tourist for that), and any discount is better than no discount.

Ooh, what kind of government employee discount site? I'm a state employee, and my roommate is a city employee. We haven't bought our tickets yet (looking at Undercover Tourist for that), and any discount is better than no discount.
Sure it's just a marketing site... My company gives us 'corporate discounts' but it's just access to a marketing site... It has some discounts, but I can find better on my own most of the time.
Just because they claim to be a discount site doesn't mean they really are, in fact you could end up paying more.

Oh, yeeeeah, I know that type well, then. We get a list of "discounts" every now and again that are similar. Sorry you had that experience. No chance of a refund then? Have you tried calling customer service?

In this instance it's good to remind yourself that someone is always paying less than you are, by some means. ;)

Perhaps your 'government discount site' isn't really a discount.

My company does this. I've found that most of the time I am better off just buying on my own than using their "discounts". Some of their "discounts" are even slightly higher than what I would pay if I booked directly.

My philosophy when it comes to booking anything travel related is to shop around first, find the best price you can, and then stop. Obviously this works better when you are only planning a few months out, like I do, but I used to really stress out over looking for better deals that ended up saving a few dollars, if any, and I just decided it wasn’t worth the hassle to keep looking.

When shopping around, make sure all taxes and fees are included in the final price before comparing, and check the cancellation and price match policies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter