Costco Tickets and Genie+

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
So, we are buying a package through Costco for the first time, and we're getting PHs with Genie+ included.

Has anyone done this with Costco tickets? Does adding the Genie+ to the ticket in advance mean it will be ready to go as soon as we enter the park each day, or do we have to activate it somehow?

I thought you could no longer do a G+ 'add on', but had to purchase it day by day. Has that changed? Or is that only at WDW?

If you purchase tickets with G+ attached, you can start booking your first LL as soon as you scan your ticket at the park gate. Have fun!
Yay! Thank you!

I thought you could no longer do a G+ 'add on', but had to purchase it day by day. Has that changed? Or is that only at WDW?
I cant' say for sure, but the Costco link lets me add the option, along with park hopper.

You do have to link your tickets on the app - I remember it being not intuitive. Then I could use the genie + when we entered the park

Can you add G+ in advance if you have an annual pass? I know there is a 20% discount on it with an Inspire pass, but is there a way to purchase and add it, say, the day before? Thanks.

No, you have to be scanned into the park to add Genie+ for the day.
Thank you. I've never used G+ but most likely will try it out in December. I don't normally need it for the way I do the parks but I would for a super busy holiday time.

Odd. When we booked our WDW package there was no G+ add on. It has/had to be purchased daily. Think I'm going to give WDW a call.
WDW only allows you to buy Genie+ the day of. As of now, DLR still allows tickets and Genie+ to be bought together at the same time and not the day of. I think this is because Genie+ is more in demand in WDW and it sounds like Genie+ isn't as much of a "necessity" in DLR as it is in WDW.

If you link your ticket into the app, a banner showing that you have Genie+ shows up at the top of your tip board. If you’re like me and worry about if it really is loaded in your app. 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter