• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco SoCal 4-day park hopper :)

Is this really really true :)? Last year I went to Costco with a friend who was going to buy the ticket for me but the Costco salesperson talked us out of it, said that they would check for CA ID at the gate. I believe you but I will be visiting in Oct. and we can do this again if it's true so I'd love it if we kept on reporting that it works here in this thread! So cool, every dime saved and all :goodvibes!

I called Disney, and they said that because I received them as a gift...we did not have to be CA residents. I will post on here our experiance when we return. We will be at DL June 8-June 11. Then on a cruise...so after we get back (June 20th) I will let you know. I have a gift message with them.

Is this really really true :)? Last year I went to Costco with a friend who was going to buy the ticket for me but the Costco salesperson talked us out of it, said that they would check for CA ID at the gate. I believe you but I will be visiting in Oct. and we can do this again if it's true so I'd love it if we kept on reporting that it works here in this thread! So cool, every dime saved and all :goodvibes!

The current Costco tickets are good through August 31, 2011. So hopefully it will work for us in June, and then for your October visit, you would have to see if they offer another hopper that expires later.

If anyone goes before June 16 and can report back, that would be great! Otherwise, I will try to buy the regular ones online and still save a little bit of money before we drive to Anaheim.

The Costco website reviews all say that they could use them without being SoCal residents.

I purchased them no problem online and received the actual paper tickets and plastic giftcards within a few days. I'm going June 6-9 and would be happy to report on our experience when I get back. :goodvibes

I gifted these to my mom, sister and nephew this last weekend and we had no issues what-so-ever. We were with them each time just in case but no one even checked or treated them like a special ticket. Honestly with the value they give you towards upgrading it isn't a better deal than buying ahead of time online. If you just need a 4 day hopper and not going to upgrade then it is a good deal indeed. You guys shouldn't have any issues :)

So cool, thanks everyone! Will be looking forward to future continued reports :)!

Yes, if you are staying on site (villas or regular hotel), you get MM each day it is offered. Just use your room key! :)

I have a quick question for you... We are using the Costco park hoppers and are staying at GCH. I asked about the MM and was told that we receive a ticket and are able to do this only once. I am wondering if anyone has had a different experience and was able to go to MM more than once during their stay. Thank you!!!

I have a quick question for you... We are using the Costco park hoppers and are staying at GCH. I asked about the MM and was told that we receive a ticket and are able to do this only once. I am wondering if anyone has had a different experience and was able to go to MM more than once during their stay. Thank you!!!

If you are staying on property you can use each MM that is available during your stay, they'll just ask to see your room key! It has the dates printed on it and they can just verify you're a hotel guest and that's that. This is how we're able to use MM with our APs. Have a great trip! :)

If you are staying on property you can use each MM that is available during your stay, they'll just ask to see your room key! It has the dates printed on it and they can just verify you're a hotel guest and that's that. This is how we're able to use MM with our APs. Have a great trip! :)

Yeah!!! Thank you so much!! :cool1: I appreciate your help!

Yep! You can use MM each day that it is offered. I think this has been the "un-official" official policy for awhile. You need your park ticket/AP and your hotel room key to get in.

And if you are staying this summer, don't forget your free Fastpasses! :thumbsup2

I called Disney, and they said that because I received them as a gift...we did not have to be CA residents. I will post on here our experiance when we return. We will be at DL June 8-June 11. Then on a cruise...so after we get back (June 20th) I will let you know. I have a gift message with them.

Just wondering how they worked ? :confused3

Has anyone else used the tickets being a non-resident ? :confused:

Another question:

Can I buy these at Costco, or do I have to purchase online ?

I leave in about 3 weeks ! :banana:

I have never seen the tickets for sale at the warehouse, so you probably have to buy them online. I think that they might sell the CityPass tickets at Costco warehouses, but not the hoppers. However, you can always call a local warehouse in SoCal to see if they might have them.

I have never seen the tickets for sale at the warehouse, so you probably have to buy them online. I think that they might sell the CityPass tickets at Costco warehouses, but not the hoppers. However, you can always call a local warehouse in SoCal to see if they might have them.

No, I'm pretty sure they can be purchased in person from Costco. *However* they are only sold in Southern California Costco stores. There's two Costcos in the Disneyland area, the closest would be in Fullerton, the other is in Garden Grove but the Fullerton location is easier to get to. Of course call in advance just to make sure, but we've purchased Costco Disney tickets from this Costco before.

Another question:

Can I buy these at Costco, or do I have to purchase online ?

I leave in about 3 weeks ! :banana:

I have seen them at the Costco store in Burbank, however, they were sold out when my husband went to buy them last weekend. He was told that people were buying them up like crazy and they didn't know if / when they would be getting more because of the price increase. I went online to buy them as soon as he got home to make sure we didn't miss out. Good luck!

I ordered one of these last week. The website now says "sold out". My cousin needed 4 of them, so she missed out!

i did see them at my local costco just a few days ago. they might be sold out online, but still available in stores.

Just wondering how they worked ? :confused3

Has anyone else used the tickets being a non-resident ? :confused:

My family of 6 purchased these online and used them last week with absolutely no problems. I put our names on them before our first use, and we were never asked once for ID. We hopped back and forth between parks and it was never a problem. :) :) :)

...and we are from Arizona. We purchased them online also, being from Arizona and there was no problem, they were sent right to our home ;)

We used our 2 weeks ago at DLR, with no problem.

Used up our 50.00 gift cards right away, too !!!!!

Great deal. :thumbsup2

Us too! We used ours 7/25-7/28...was super busy though and I wonder if that helped. Never asked for ID or to put our names on the back. I didn't write them in since I was a bit paranoid so could return them to Costco if we had any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter