Costco reward certificate...can it be used for membership renewal?

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I Googled this but came up empty, so figured I'd ask here. I upgraded to the Executive membership last year but I'm not going to do it again as my 2% reward earned me $57, or $2 more than the extra cost for Executive. But anyway, can I use that $57 to pay for a regular $55 membership, which is due for renewal in February?

I Googled this but came up empty, so figured I'd ask here. I upgraded to the Executive membership last year but I'm not going to do it again as my 2% reward earned me $57, or $2 more than the extra cost for Executive. But anyway, can I use that $57 to pay for a regular $55 membership, which is due for renewal in February?

You can get cash for your check at any register and then use that to buy a membership.

you can, i have done it but you have to wait until the register starts prompting to renew before you can do it.

I just did this yesterday. I went to the service desk, and they applied the reward amount to the membership cost and downgraded me from an executive membership to a regular one. They issued me a different card and took a new picture. Very simple to do.

Thank you!! I'm afraid if I wait until Feb. I'll lose the check :crazy2::o. So I can either cash out or apply to a new membership? That's awesome! Thanks again.

ohhh did the checks start going out already?

We are expecting a large one this year. yay!

ohhh did the checks start going out already?

We are expecting a large one this year. yay!

I get 2 different reward certs - My Executive rewards came in November, and my Costco credit card rewards I get in February. I'm not sure they all are sent out at the same time though.

Yes, that's what we did this year. It wasn't worth it for us to continue our executive membership, either.

I had to return a pair of little boy jeans yesterday because I got the wrong size. The line was soooooooooooo long for returns that I just bought another pair and plan to take back the first one when things aren't Christmas crazy. Anyway, I used my $57 award certificate for the $15 purchase and got the change in cash, so thanks for letting me know about all this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter