• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco Reservation & Online Check In

seselby83

Earning My Ears
We are silver castaway members, and have a cruise booked in March thru Costco. I have provided our CC # on the booking, but online on the Disney website the online check in date is not 90 days out, but instead is 75 days. Do I need to do something, or will the system let us check-in at 90 days instead of 75? I have already PIF.

Just send an email to DCL through the Help Center on the website asking them to update it. Make sure to enter your reservation number and give them your CC number and they should take care of it. Same thing happened to me and they fixed it within a couple of days. You could also call if you are getting close to 90 days and want it in the system right away. You will not be able to check in at 90 days unless you get your CC number added to the reservation.

Mine was not right either. They fixed it for me this time but told me to make sure I put the number next time. I had entered mine through Costco but it didn't show up either. I got the impression that they would fix it for me the first time but not in the future. :confused3

I got the impression that they would fix it for me the first time but not in the future. :confused3
So do you think there is a note in your profile now that says "Do not add CC number if she calls about it"? Probably in bold red flashing text :rolleyes:

I guarantee if it happens again the CM will take care of it. And every time after that too. It's kind of their job after all.

Hmm, I guess I wasn't expecting a sarcastic response based on giving my experience of the same thing happening to me. I don't believe that Disney had to fix it, I booked it through Costco. It was nice for them to add it, yes, but probably not their only job.

I always question whether to respond to things on these boards because of responses like this...I'm not sure why you'd waste time responding just to be a jerk :rolleyes1

I understand that sometimes the humorous tone I intended can be lost, and so for that I apologize. Yes, it was very sarcastic, but not meant to be offensive.

Sadly it appears you absolutely meant to be offensive in your response. A shame. I guess I thought injecting my correction with a bit of humor would help, we could all have a laugh and move on. Boy was I wrong.

DCL is not supposed to modify your reservation if it came from a travel agent. The proper procedure is to call your travel agent and request that they work with DCL to fix it. This also give DCL a chance to work with TAs and train them better.

If you are down to the wire or your TA has proven incompetent give DCL a call.

Just send an email to DCL through the Help Center on the website asking them to update it. Make sure to enter your reservation number and give them your CC number and they should take care of it. Same thing happened to me and they fixed it within a couple of days. You could also call if you are getting close to 90 days and want it in the system right away. You will not be able to check in at 90 days unless you get your CC number added to the reservation.

I would not send your credit card number that way. It is really not secure.

DCL is not supposed to modify your reservation if it came from a travel agent.

There are things they can do. First time we used Costco for Disney DH’s number didn’t go through. I called dcl, used the new booking way through to a person, told them what I needed, they said “OK” and then they took the booking number and added it. Wasn’t a problem.

The one time I called for something similar and gave the booking info first it was a flat no and they wouldn’t listen beyond the TA thing. So I let them decide if it’s something they can do before they see it’s a TA-booked cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter