Costco package, ticket value

Imdboss

DIS Veteran
Brief rundown - taking my kids for a quick 2 night/3 day trip 4/8-4/10. Plan to buy APs since we’ll be visiting several times during the summer.

I was looking at prices on Costco Travel. I did the math to figure out what value they are placing on the park hopper and it is $295 with Maxpass. Is that the value I’d get at the ticket booth when I upgrade to my AP?

I recall in the past (prob a couple years or so) that some tickets purchased though a third party received the full face value of the ticket which in this case would be $400.

Pretty sure this is wishful thinking but if anyone has recent experience upgrading a Costco ticket to APs that’s be great!

... I recall in the past (prob a couple years or so) that some tickets purchased though a third party received the full face value of the ticket...
The only tickets I know of which are reported to work consistently for this are the tickets from LMT. Other people have posted that tickets from various other third party vendors scan at the discount price.

Since your trip is in April, I think your Costco tickets are priced using the current Promo which ends May 18th. I think they call it "Special Offer" tickets. If you change the dates to June, you will probably see the difference.

If so, those promo tickets are $290 with MP on Disneyland official site. I think no chance of those being bridged to the non-promo $400 price, unfortunately.

If not, then $295 is a crazy good price for non-promo tix with MP. That could make that package really appealing, depending on hotel cost.

In 2012 (I think) Costco had a great promo in-store for tickets to promote DCA/Carsland. Great price and included a $50 Costco card. I was able to bridge those (about $80 net) to full price on last day to deluxe. And yes, I've bridged LMT Club tickets to full price twice. Always after first day, so tickets were activated. I think activating tickets at the gate (instead of going straight to the booth with printout) is the first step to price-bridging. Not sure on that, but I don't think it hurts.

Thanks for the responses! I’m still undecided as to what I’m going to do. I have a room booked at DoubleTree that’ll cost me $300 total for two nights in a one bedroom suite. If I go with Costco it’ll be $1343 at Homewood Suites which has a free breakfast plus a $145 Disney gift card. Doing the math I might just go with Costco. 1343 - 870 (value of 3 park tickets) - 145 = $328 which is what the room would end up costing. Bonus being we get breakfast plus it’s closer to the parks or Toy Story lot.

Last edited:

Call Costco Travel. They can give you the exact amount the tickets are worth. We upgraded 5-day park hoppers to So Cal Select APs recently and the value they told me over the phone (which I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't the full price as sold directly by Disney) was the same as what we got when we took them to the ticket booth to upgrade.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I will tell you what happened when we did this. We booked through Costco and prior to our trip the ticket prices went up. When we got to Disney and upgraded to AP, we received the current price of our 5 day park hopper, not the price it was when we booked our package.

I went back and looked. We booked in late 2018 before the price hike and went about a month ago. The value of our 5-day PH tickets was $289/ea and we owed and additional $110/ea to upgrade to the So Cal Select AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter