Costco Membership Crackdown or All Things Costco 😀

Each card is attached to a specific person. What she would have wanted to do is get a temp card at the guest services counter rather than use your card. I've forgotten to put my card back into my wallet when I switched purses before, I just went to the guest services and they gave me a temp card for the day. She would show her ID and look her up, they'd give her the temp card and easy peasy no problem
If she forgot her wallet at home how would she show her ID to get a temporary card?

Whew. This Costco stuff is serious business. We don't play around when it comes to dress code etiquette, membership, travel, and rental cars, do we? Oh, and toddler potty breaks.

My morning coffee tastes so good as I catch up. :stir::coffee:

Whew. This Costco stuff is serious business. We don't play around when it comes to dress code etiquette, membership, travel, and rental cars, do we? Oh, and toddler potty breaks.

My morning coffee tastes so good as I catch up. :stir::coffee:
I’ll never be able to train my husband not t have to go to the bathroom at Costco….I’ll just start leaving him in the car with the windows up.

I'm not sure why I felt strongly to reply directly...but have we talked about the $1.50 hot dogs yet? 😆

Don't talk about the price of the hot dog in front of the founder...... :)

And let us not forget the creed of Costco founder Jim Senegal: “If you raise the [price of the] effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out.”

At Disney they don't talk about Bruno. At Costco they don't talk about raising the price of the hot dog.

Don't talk about the price of the hot dog in front of the founder...... :)

And let us not forget the creed of Costco founder Jim Senegal: “If you raise the [price of the] effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out.”

At Disney they don't talk about Bruno. At Costco they don't talk about raising the price of the hot dog.
Can we at least mention pizza? 😅

For real though I have actually seen a few people wear the in your face Kirkland logo stuff they sell 😁
Girl...don't think it's funny....that stuff is SOLD OUT here at every Costco!🤣 When they first came out, I said to my husband "who would actually want to buy this big Kirkland Signature logo sweatshirt?" Boyyyy was I wrong!! I haven't seen them in a long time in our warehouses!

Omg my parents took a Viking River cruise 20 years ago, passed away 5/8 years ago, at the end I got their mail, I get a Viking mailer at least 4 days a week.
I got my grandmother's mail at the end also. I do get the Viking pamphlets, not nearly as often though. I get a lot of those "free meals" to come listen to us try to sell you something you don't need.

Omg my parents took a Viking River cruise 20 years ago, passed away 5/8 years ago, at the end I got their mail, I get a Viking mailer at least 4 days a week.
I think that's why Viking River cruises are so expensive. They have to pay for all the ads they mail out! I have been on one Viking cruise and get stuff for their river and ocean cruises almost daily.

I solved the problem of forgetting my card by installing the Costco app on my phone. I may not have my wallet but I *always* have my phone. The app has my Costco ID on it that I show at the door and checkout and I added my Executive Visa Card as my preferred payment method. I simply scan my card at check-out and it asks if I want to use the preferred payment method and I tap "yes" and *poof* it charges my Costco Visa card. One scan, one tap and I'm done unless I go through self checkout and I have to drag my phone out of my pocket early to show the ID checker.

I solved the problem of forgetting my card by installing the Costco app on my phone. I may not have my wallet but I *always* have my phone. The app has my Costco ID on it that I show at the door and checkout and I added my Executive Visa Card as my preferred payment method. I simply scan my card at check-out and it asks if I want to use the preferred payment method and I tap "yes" and *poof* it charges my Costco Visa card. One scan, one tap and I'm done unless I go through self checkout and I have to drag my phone out of my pocket early to show the ID checker.
I have not thought of that but it's a great idea to do the app!

Mackenzie are you saying you don't have the Costco app?!? What?! 😲 😲 LOL!
Okay...I did have it but I needed the space on my phone a long while back and deleted it :o

It's funny you mention that though because we just drove home from brunch and were talking about trash day which is normally Tuesday but is probably delayed since the 4th is on it. My husband assumed I still had the city's app (which tells you when trash day is amongst other things) and I told him "umm I had to delete that before we went to Mexico, needed the space" :rotfl:and he just rolled his eyes at me as that's how I always am running out of space on my phone.

The problem that I have with the Costco app is that the dang building is apparently a Farraday cage; I don't get a signal inside the store, and the store's wifi is so overloaded that that connection is slow as molasses. I gave up.
I have that issue in our local Walmart (same issue with the wifi too) and some parts of our main mall (JCP is like a dead zone) but I have no issues with Costcos here. I can totally understand giving up, I found for JCP it was easier to screenshot the coupon instead of doing it through the app when I'm in the checkout because I have virtually no signal unless I'm right by the door to the outside.

My understanding is legally they are not allowed to detain you. They can ask to see your receipt, but if you say "no" and keep walking, they can't do anything. Not allowing them to see your receipt is not enough grounds for suspicion of shoplifting. LOTS of YT videos about this.
There are five states where not showing your receipt can be considered probable cause of shoplifting and they could detain you. Three states on the list are in the top four states by population in the US (CA, NY, FL). Outside of those five states, while not showing your receipt doesn't allow them to detain you, they can ban you from shopping at their store and even all stores in the chain. Ultimately if you know the policy going in is to show your receipt on the way out, then follow it. If you don't like it, shop somewhere else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter