Costco Disney Gift Cards

Thank you all for the heads up on this! I joined Costco on 1/11, bought 2 gift cards on 1/14, and 2 more today. All 4 on my 1 membership number. $100 in savings!

I’d paid my dues before I knew of this, or would have bought earlier. At least we now have GC $ stacked for our upcoming WDW vacations :dogdance:

Purchased two sometime before the new year, didn't try again.
Purchased two 6 days ago, no issues.
Tried to purchase two more today, and was canceled.

Somewhat related, but I always take advantage of the 14% off Southwest gift card deal ($429 for $500 value gift card). After I complete a Southwest flight that I've purchased with the gift card, I always receive a feedback survey email from Southwest. I always answer I only bought because of the gift card deal, though that's obviously not the case.

Purchased two 6 days ago, no issues.
Tried to purchase two more today, and was canceled.
Weird! My purchases were 3 days apart, and they let it go through. It's me and my DH on the membership, so maybe are allowing 2 GC's per person?

I was just canceled for 2 and haven't bought any since dec26.I guess they're really getting strict now.

I was just canceled for 2 and haven't bought any since dec26.I guess they're really getting strict now.
Yeah I think the jig is up. I think the key to getting a lot was to have just bought them in quick succession before they closed the loophole or whatever it was that allowed many more to be bought up than the 2 (really 4 unofficially) everyone was allotted. I was only able to get the 4 total on my account and 4 on my wife's account. Better than nothing but would've been great to really load up at these percentages off!

I wonder if Disney is starting to press Costco to enforce the limits. (I'm guessing that Disney's contract with them on these includes the limits). They can't have intended that we DVC members use them as a way to discount dues. We paid $275 less using the Costco cards.

If every member paid the bulk of their dues with gift cards, Disney would receive 10% less than the budget calls for. They would have to make that up themselves. It won't shock me if at some point gift cards aren't accepted as a form of payment.

I wonder if Disney is starting to press Costco to enforce the limits. (I'm guessing that Disney's contract with them on these includes the limits). They can't have intended that we DVC members use them as a way to discount dues. We paid $275 less using the Costco cards.

If every member paid the bulk of their dues with gift cards, Disney would receive 10% less than the budget calls for. They would have to make that up themselves. It won't shock me if at some point gift cards aren't accepted as a form of payment.
I'd be surprised if DVC takes any sort of hit when dues are paid with GC's. More typical is any discount is a marketing expense and revenue allocated to whatever department redeems them but the discount would remain a marketing expense.

Anyone with Can knowledge. Wondering if I purchase Costco GC in Canada, can I use them online on the US site. This would save the credit card fee for money exchange.

I just did. I tried to add 2 to my cart, but it only allowed me to add 1. Then when I tried to check out, I got "We're sorry, only 1 are available for item 1796980. Please adjust your quantity and try again."

Anyone with Can knowledge. Wondering if I purchase Costco GC in Canada, can I use them online on the US site. This would save the credit card fee for money exchange.
Yes you can, theoretically, but I don't think they sell them on the Canadian costco site. I bought theses on the US site because it's a better discount. But I have purchased at Walmart etc before in Canada for regular price just to save the money exchange.

Have you ordered them on this membership before? It may not be out of stock, but listed that way because you've already reached your limit. I just bought two yesterday, but it is listed out of stock for me today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter