Costa Rica Trip

I'm sorry that your family is disappointed about missing the butterfly garden. My son and I really enjoy that sort of thing too, but to tell you the truth, I found the waterfall/butterfly day of the itinerary to be the least interesting part of the trip. It was fun, but it was not very unique. We've been to several butterfly gardens in the US that are just as good or better. The rest of the trip was great. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Yeah I gotta go along the lines of Bob.No fun goin on a trip with a bad attitude.We called also a week after the earthquake and were told no changes.I found out abt the coffee 2 weeks prior.I loved it--beautiful place and nice tour.I coulda went to a larger butterfly garden at Brookfield Zoo last year and Niagra falls is closer and alot cheaper.The best part of that trip was goin to Cost Rica,and gettin my butt dragged around and well fed by Disney.My teens loved it.I guess everyone goes for differant reasons,good luck.I dont know abt yours kids either but I think 8yrs was the cuttoff for the zipline.They'll have to go with one of the guides.

The China trips last summer were impacted by the tragic earthquake in the Chengdu area--and consquently Disney altered the schedule and we stayed in Bejing an extra night, saw more in that area and had a special tour of the panda enclosure at the Bejing zoo (where many of the pandas had been removed to from the panda reserve). They do their best to work with the existing schedule and around unplanned events--I know it is disappointing re the butterflies, but I bet they more than make up for that with other surprises. It seems to me from reading these blogs over the past few months that ABD needs to work out a better communication system, maybe use internet updates or alerts to those booked trips.

Can any past visitors on the Costa Rica Trip tell me if I need to worry about using any currency other than american (dollars)? Thanks

No you won't need any other currency. Even the street vendors at Anontio Manuel accepted American dollars. There is an ATM at the mall across the street from the hotel in San Jose where you can get colones. I used it to get a few colones before we left San Jose but never needed them. Ended up using most of it to tip the bus driver and then had some left over that I gave to my son for a souvenier.

I was just checking to see if anyone recently returned from Costa Rica or preparing to leave to see if the trip to the butterfly garden and waterfalls is back on.

Hi Everyone, I am so excited. Just received my backpacks today from my AAA agent. We are on the July 8th Costa Rica trip. A big surprise from AAA was a Digital photo frame with the ABD logo on it. Last year I received a leather bound photo album. In the itinerary booklet it looks like we will be going to the coffee plantation instead of the Butterfly Garden and LaPaz Waterfalls. I do hope at some point that we see the beautiful waterfalls. I am hoping that on the tram ride up to the zipline that the waterfalls might be visible. I'm sure it will be a grand trip no matter where we go in Costa Rica!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter