Costa COVID cruising procedures

They're going to have to get more specific because that's open to interpretation.

At least it's progress, if they're putting out rules then stuff may get going.

They are more specific:

Will I have to wear a mask and gloves during my vacation?

As we have seen in our “new” daily life on land, it will be necessary to wear a facemask in all circumstances where it is not possible to guarantee the appropriate social distancing. It will not, however, be required in outdoor areas, on sun loungers, in the swimming pool and during the meal and bar service, once seated at the table; instead, it will be mandatory to wear a mask at the terminal and during the boarding process and in all other public areas of the ship.

END QUOTE

it will be necessary to wear a facemask in all circumstances where it is not possible to guarantee the appropriate social distancing.

Open to interpretation. Opinions vary on appropriate social distancing. What is "appropriate"?

They're going to have to get more specific because that's open to interpretation.

At least it's progress, if they're putting out rules then stuff may get going.
That's the way I feel, at least we have some info from a cruise line. Hopefully more will follow shortly.

Reading this, I'd say it is pretty much in line with the rumors that had been circulating: Shows being shown more frequently to encourage proper distancing, buffet being replaced by open seating in MDRs, all dining tables moving to private, masks in public areas, use of digital tools for interaction/payments, safety measures applied for excursions and overall reduced ship capacity. It is going to be interesting to see how DCL deals with kids clubs...

Thanks for posting. Is anyone else worried about the health effects of all these chemical disinfectants being sprayed everywhere all the time? I’m leery, honestly.
This has been one of the things I have talked to my husband about. I understand the need to clean and disinfect, but many cleaning products can be toxic, especially to people with asthma or other lung issues. Some people even have skin sensitivities to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter