Costa Concordia Runs Aground / Deaths Reported

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/video-water-rushes-down-costa-concordia-stairs-145133951.html

Listen to the last comment, "Yeah, you gotta go down to go up."

That is a bit scary! Not many people want to go DOWN when the ship is taking on water!

They have updated the article with a disclaimer that this video is NOT from the Concordia.

"UPDATE: It turns out we were fooled, at least momentarily. The above video is not actually from the Costa Concordia, but is actually from this video of the Carnival Paradise cruise ship, whose elation dining room briefly flood in 2009. "

They have updated the article with a disclaimer that this video is NOT from the Concordia.

"UPDATE: It turns out we were fooled, at least momentarily. The above video is not actually from the Costa Concordia, but is actually from this video of the Carnival Paradise cruise ship, whose elation dining room briefly flood in 2009. "

Well it fooled me! LOL

Oh well, the idea of going down in order to go up is still scary. I'm trying to think...isn't there something like this on the Magic? Or maybe I'm just thinking there is a place where you have to go up and then back down to go fwd or aft?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/video-water-rushes-down-costa-concordia-stairs-145133951.html

Listen to the last comment, "Yeah, you gotta go down to go up."

That is a bit scary! Not many people want to go DOWN when the ship is taking on water!

MV5BMTczNDU2MzIzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjg0MDY5._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Why 72 hours? They were not exposed to an infectious agent that takes that long to develop symptoms.

And that still would not pick up those neck injuries that you say "kick in a week later", wouldn't it?

By all means I have no medical training to really evaluate what is the correct thing to do. All I was concerned about was that my personal feeling was that they were rushed out and it felt like they wanted the problem to go away.

We would have to wait for the opinion of some of the passengers (4200 - 21 -11) to really see if they were treated right during and after the accident.

I seriously doubt you'll find ONE passenger who will say that they thought everything went well, and that they were treated well. They were SCARED TO DEATH, they could have died, and their vacation was ruined!
Even if everything DID go well, would you say it did???

Even if something happened on a Disney cruise and the ship went down, and the drill worked perfectly, and everyone was quiet and orderly (like THAT would happen).....don't you think everyone would still be ticked off and scared and complain for the next 20 years???

I've been through three emergency evacuations of a large office building and I think that no matter what you tell people as to where they should go and check in and stay until they are cleared, there are going to be those who won't do it. They either believe they had a better idea, want to get out of the area as soon as possible, or want to get back to their families immediately.

I agree, and I am certain this was the case with the woman who turned up at home in Germany.
Sadly, at this point, I don't think that will be the case with the other missing people.

Regardless of whether passengers would complain about a daily drill it is about saving lives, and it really should be done. I'd rather be a little annoyed than to be unprepared in an emergency. Even better, if it's too inconvenient for the cruise line and too annoying to passengers to do a drill every time new passengers embark, then maybe the cruise lines should cease these types of sailings where people get on and off like a plane or bus.

Think about it, if you are flying and your plane makes a connection but you stay on the plane for the next leg, you're going to see the safety presentation again. No exceptions! Why should this be any different?

Did you see the interview on the Dr. Phil show today? He featured a US family who were "among the last" to get off the ship. They'd done 60 cruises previously, so knew a bit about cruise ships.

Many interesting comments...the best was that the crew wouldn't lower the lifeboats until the captain gave the order to abandon ship...and since the captain wasn't on the ship, they didn't have an order.

They also said that they saw NO officers. When asked why/where the officers were, they said that they didn't know; they guessed that the officers were with the captain. They gave a lot of credit to some of the crew--dinner server who was helping with evacuation. When asked why they thought this happened, they again said they didn't know, but the captain had been "hot dogging it" all day. They were very critical that the safety drill wasn't scheduled until the next day.

Regardless of whether passengers would complain about a daily drill it is about saving lives, and it really should be done. I'd rather be a little annoyed than to be unprepared in an emergency. Even better, if it's too inconvenient for the cruise line and too annoying to passengers to do a drill every time new passengers embark, then maybe the cruise lines should cease these types of sailings where people get on and off like a plane or bus.

Think about it, if you are flying and your plane makes a connection but you stay on the plane for the next leg, you're going to see the safety presentation again. No exceptions! Why should this be any different?

I agree with you! I think it should still be done also....maybe they could do it only for the people who have just joined the cruise?

But think about how many people who complain about having to do ONE drill.....it makes me so mad to hear the comments from people during a drill. I've cruised 18 times, and flown innumerable times, but I pay attention each and EVERY time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter