cost of water

disneydinerhp

Earning My Ears
If I order water as a beverage at a table service restaurant, will I be charged for it? What about at a counter service place?

If you just want water there is no charge. If you want bottled water you have to pay.

Make sure you ask for "a cup of water" at the CS If you just order water sometimes they will assume you mean a bottle and charge you for it. That happened to us at the fish and chips shop in EPCOT. They gave us bottled water and charged us for it. It was a real pain to return the bottles for the cups.

You WANT to pay for water at WDW. Central Florida water has a very high sulphur content which most folks from the rest of the country find distasteful. I typically ask specifically for bottled water (and pay for it).

bicker said:
You WANT to pay for water at WDW. Central Florida water has a very high sulphur content which most folks from the rest of the country find distasteful. I typically ask specifically for bottled water (and pay for it).

I was thinking the same thing, tap water in WDW is just nasty.

The tap water is just awful! I swear it makes my stomach ache..... Anyway, you can either pay for bottled water or bring a fliter sports bottle. We get the free ice water, pour it into the filter bottle and wind up with water as good as bottled. I do have a small backpack in the parks anyway, so bringing the bottle is no big deal for me. If you don't want to carry anything, you'll just need to pay for a bottle when you want it.

bicker said:
Central Florida water has a very high sulphur content which most folks from the rest of the country find distasteful.

It's actually this way all over Florida. I wish it were only limited to central Florida. We've lived in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Jacksonville...I also spend a good time on the west coast of FL (Tampa/St. Pete & Naples), and the water's nasty all over. The worst has been western Palm Beach County. The sulphur's so high, it makes your eyes water just to smell it.

You'd think after 34 years, we'd be used to it, but, no. Bottled water is the way to go in FL in my opinion -- or a good filter on your system or a Brita.

Love your pics, BTW, Bicker! Congratulations to you both on such a fantastic accomplishment :) I know how hard that must have been. DH and I have been working on our weight since July 22 of last year. So far, we've lost a combined 80 pounds, but we still about 50 more to go. I hope we look as good as you guys do when we lose it!

PlutoLuvr said:
It's actually this way all over Florida. I wish it were only limited to central Florida. We've lived in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Lake Worth, Jacksonville...I also spend a good time on the west coast of FL (Tampa/St. Pete & Naples), and the water's nasty all over. The worst has been western Palm Beach County. The sulphur's so high, it makes your eyes water just to smell it.

You'd think after 34 years, we'd be used to it, but, no. Bottled water is the way to go in FL in my opinion -- or a good filter on your system or a Brita.
I guess I'm used to it (and I have a VERY weak stomach). I've lived all over FL on and off for the last 30 years, as has DH, and DH and I order "a cup of water" everywhere - Disney, restaurants, get tap at friend's homes, etc. I don't notice a taste, but when I visit family in NY and NJ or friends in CO I think their water tastes nasty ;)
Try a cup of water, if you don't like it you can always pay for bottled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter