Cost of Magic Express to DVC Member

We were told by an ME CM (with the white Mickey gloves) that even if we flew on SW, we could check in at the ME desk with our baggage claim tickets and they would pick them up and deliver them to our resort, but if we retrieved our luggage then checked in, we we have to bring them to the ME bus ouselves and, presumably, to our room.

That is absolutely correct!

I have a question for you! How long ago was it that you had your SW boarding passes printed at the resort reception desk? We almost always fly SW, and I had no idea you could do this!

Do you know if all the DVC resorts offer this service? We usually stay at VWL (our home resort), but we also stay at OKW quite a bit, and in a couple of weeks, we will be spending one night (our last night) at SSR.

We signed up for ME over a month ago for our Dec. trip. We got a conformation number when we made the reservations but have not received a written conformation in the mail. Will or should we get one or just wait for the luggage tags to show up in the mail??...smjj

disneymama73 said:
I have a question for you! How long ago was it that you had your SW boarding passes printed at the resort reception desk? We almost always fly SW, and I had no idea you could do this!

Do you know if all the DVC resorts offer this service? We usually stay at VWL (our home resort), but we also stay at OKW quite a bit, and in a couple of weeks, we will be spending one night (our last night) at SSR.

We had them printed at POR reception desk on 9/11/05 at 12:05 AM with no problem except that I arrived a little early and had to wait until 12:01 Disney time. ;)

I am pretty certain that all resorts will do this for you. We have also had it done at BW and the CM was even more familiar with the procedure and took less time than it takes me to do it. Just bring the paper with your confirmation number.

BTW, both times we got the first and second boarding passes in group A. :banana: Of course, that doesn't really matter at the airport unless you are ready to sit at the front of the A group line. ;)

We used ME earlier this month. No problem. we di get tags, but others on line did not have luggage tags and they gave the luggage numbers to the CM's at the ME desk.

The whole process took about an hour from the time we landed to the time I was IN MY ROOM at OKW. My luggage came very shortly after we got in our room.

The kids liked riding the bus and seein the preview movie of WDW-gets you in the mood, as if you need help.

I also rented a car after arriving at wdw-from Budget. They have a desk in the Doubletree Resort on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I took WDW transp. from OKW to DD Marketplace and walked to the hotel. They said they would have picked me up.I think you can rent from National or Alamo/Thrifty as well,and they may even pick you up-if you find you want to rent a car.

we've used ME 3x already and they've been wonderful.
The first 2 times I only had carry ons and didn't have to worry about luggages.
the last one we had a luggage and they took care of it wonderfully.

I signed up too late (less than 21 days) and was told that I wouldn't get any tags. But I called ME directly and they said the same thing (but she tried real hard to get the tags sent before saying no). 2 days before my trip I received the tag and confirmation in my mailbox.

So my suggestion is, call ME directly at least 21 days prior to your trip. They will confirm your reservation and if the tags have not been sent yet they can try to resend it again. However they system will not let them send the tags if it's within the 21 days (I think it's 21 days and not 14 days).

Anyways, we put the tags on our luggage and when we landed walked straight to the ME check in and off in our bus. The luggage came approx 1.5hr after our arrival to the resort.

It's a wonderful service and I hope they don't discontinue it.

Paul, they take the luggage to your room, and you do not have to be there. :cool1:

Thanks for your response re: SWA boarding passes! It's amazing how after 30+ WDW trips, I learn new things all the time here on the DIS!

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Regarding getting a Southwest boarding pass, you don't have to wait until midnight any longer. You can check in starting 24 hours before your flight.

Michele,

You are welcome! I always learn something new, too. That's why I keep on reading. :)

Thanks, LisaS. I did not realize that the policy changed at SWA. That's great news! No more waiting until midnight to print our boarding passes before our 7:30 AM flight. :goodvibes

You're welcome, Paul. I read about this in an email I received from SW just four days ago so this is a very recent change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter