Cost of Magic Express to DVC Member

jasheehy

Mouseketeer
Do we get any type of break for this? How often does it leave the airport. I think I am going to rent a car, but thought that I could rent a car close to DVC and let my kids enjoy the Magic Express. What are the costs?

Thanks to all.

Magical Express is free for everyone staying at a disney resort, member or non-member.

jasheehy said:
how long could the wait be at the airport before you leave for the resort?

I haven't used it since it first started and we only had to wait about 10-15 minutes. If you just missed the bus leaving to your resort area, you might wait about 30 minutes or so.

For comparison purposes, our family has in the past waited over an hour for pre-paid seats on a Mears shuttle and has been met immediately by limo services. Magic Express falls somewhere in the middle on this.

jasheehy said:
Do we get any type of break for this? How often does it leave the airport. I think I am going to rent a car, but thought that I could rent a car close to DVC and let my kids enjoy the Magic Express. What are the costs?

Thanks to all.

Sorry to say, you don't get a break. That shows what DVC really thinks of you!! I want a refund!!! :teeth: :rotfl:

Imagine, it's only free.

Don't mind me, just having a little fun.

Seems like the airport is upset with ME

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...2,0,5900540.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

We just used this service last week. It was wonderful. We arrived at the airport, were told to go down to the ground level and check in. We were then directed to the waiting queue for the next bus to OKW. We had just missed the one that was there. While in line, CM's entertained us with "did you know..." contests. We waited all of 10 minutes. BTW, we had no problems getting our luggage either. It was delivered to our resort within 2 hours of checking in. :sunny:

I've used DME twice now..in June and again in August. Both times I was completely checked in at my resort within 90 of touching down at the airport. The first time we were staying at BCV and we got into our villa at 2:30, and luggage was delivered at 3. In August I stayed at Pop and had only carry-on with me, so can't say about luggage delivery time there. Using it again in Nov.

Does anyone know the airlines that qualify for ME? Is Southwest and Air Tran included?

You can use ME no matter what airline you are flying. However, there are some airlines that allow you to check your baggage at your resort & print your boarding passes when departing. Southwest and AirTran are not participating in that yet.

I made our reservatiosn for Magical Express on the DVC member web site the other evening - very easy. I received a confirmation before noon the next day.

Have there been issues with taking carryons on ME? I would rather our family of 4 each take their carryon bag instead of checking it. Thanks!

FreeTime said:
Have there been issues with taking carryons on ME? I would rather our family of 4 each take their carryon bag instead of checking it. Thanks!

Not at all! They'll put it under the bus for you. :cool1:

I booked ME in august for our 9/29 trip. Still have not received my tags. I e-mailed MS last week and got an apology. Was told I was signed up for it. Leaving in 4 days and still have no tags??? Had to go ahead and get a van to take the 10 of us to BCV. Kinda mad! I also asked if I can check my luggage and take a car service but was told I couldn't since you have to claim your luggage and then to to check-in for the bus. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of ME?? Did I just have a confused CM?
What gets me, is that the day before my e-mail to MS, I was chosed to do a survey and gave a great report. Next time I'll think twice!!!

pigelet said:
I booked ME in august for our 9/29 trip. Still have not received my tags. I e-mailed MS last week and got an apology. Was told I was signed up for it. Leaving in 4 days and still have no tags??? Had to go ahead and get a van to take the 10 of us to BCV. Kinda mad! I also asked if I can check my luggage and take a car service but was told I couldn't since you have to claim your luggage and then to to check-in for the bus. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of ME?? Did I just have a confused CM?
What gets me, is that the day before my e-mail to MS, I was chosed to do a survey and gave a great report. Next time I'll think twice!!!

When we used ME in June, we didn't have any luggage tags. We had booked the trip at the last minute. We just went to the ME counter with our information and got on the bus. Did MS tell you that you can't use ME without the tags?

Pigelet

Haven't used ME but I would think that if your party is willing to grab their own luggage and go to ME sign up place with your letter you should be all set. It wouldn't be that much different from people who only have carry-ons. At least you won't have to pay for a van where you are going to have to get your own luggage anyway. Depending on which airline you are using you may have to take the luggage to the bus for the return anyway. Good luck -

castleri said:
Pigelet

Haven't used ME but I would think that if your party is willing to grab their own luggage and go to ME sign up place with your letter you should be all set. It wouldn't be that much different from people who only have carry-ons. At least you won't have to pay for a van where you are going to have to get your own luggage anyway. Depending on which airline you are using you may have to take the luggage to the bus for the return anyway. Good luck -

Actually, in June, we didn't even grab our luggage. We just gave them our baggage claim info at the ME desk, and they took care of it. We only took our carry-ons with us to the bus. It worked out beautifully! :cloud9:

We were told by an ME CM (with the white Mickey gloves) that even if we flew on SW, we could check in at the ME desk with our baggage claim tickets and they would pick them up and deliver them to our resort, but if we retrieved our luggage then checked in, we we have to bring them to the ME bus ouselves and, presumably, to our room. We will find out exactly how this works in November.

BTW, the CM's at the resort reception desk will print your boarding passes for SW if you bring them the appropriate info after 12:01 AM on your day of departure. We have had this done at both BWV and POR. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter