• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cost of DCL transportation at MIA

Iris1974

Dis Veteran
I was wondering how much DCL transportation is round trip from Miami International Airport per person. I searched and nothing came up. TIA :flower1:

21 each way 3 weeks ago. IMO if 3 and under worth every cent. Uber/ taxi not saving that much more. Buses right there after customs. More people the savings are more with Uber IF luggage and people fit.

What happens if one person on the bus tests positive? This is the only reason we are considering uber

What happens if one person on the bus tests positive? This is the only reason we are considering uber
Well, I guess there is a risk with the UBER driver too, and your flight to the ship, and on the ship. You just have to decide which you are more comfortable with.

Sure but there are a whole bunch more people, all of whom will be tested, on the bus, vs 1 driver who won't be tested in uber.

I didn’t realize dcl had transportation in Miami. Looking for transportation back to airport. Do you go through travel agent to book or dcl directly?
If you booked your cruise using a travel agent, then the TA will have to add the port to airport transfers to your reservation. $21 pp, I believe. If you wait to book after onboard the ship, there may not be capacity to add your travel party.

I didn’t realize dcl had transportation in Miami. Looking for transportation back to airport. Do you go through travel agent to book or dcl directly?
If you booked thru a travel agent, they need to handle your request. If you booked yourself, you just need to call DCL to add the transfer. Do not wait onboard to do it, especially in another port than PC. They usually can handle extra bookings, but as PP said, they might reach their capacity.

From what I've read on these boards, only your travel party would be denied boarding, not the rest of the bus. The other bus riders would have only had a short exposure, unlike the immediate travel party.

Is it easy enough to get an Uber/Lyft/Taxi that will fit 4 passengers & luggage. We disembark on Thur Feb 10th in Miami and need to go to MIA airport. Wondering if I should hope Uber/Lyft/Taxi isnt an issue or just book DCL transportation?

Is it easy enough to get an Uber/Lyft/Taxi that will fit 4 passengers & luggage. We disembark on Thur Feb 10th in Miami and need to go to MIA airport. Wondering if I should hope Uber/Lyft/Taxi isnt an issue or just book DCL transportation?

Yes. We took an UberX including installing our two car seats for our two kids, multiple checked bags in the back, one flat price as mentioned above (not per person). Tons of them waiting right across from the terminal, no wait.

I saw mini-van taxis in the taxi line, right in front of the terminal. Look for a taxi coordinator (the person who appears to be coordinating things - and is). I found her to be very nice (maybe wearing a reflective vest ot something distinguishable). I had no idea how I was getting to the airport and was happy with the results.

(I used Lyft from my hotel pre-Cruise and had a good experience, too.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter