Cost-efficient hotels

AngieS1

Earning My Ears
I missed out on a killer rate at Candy Cane Inn. Now I’m looking for the next best option of a place that’s clean, is close to some sort of transportation, that’s low cost.

I have Red Lion on my list, and taking theToy Story shuttle. Is there somewhere else near there that is worth a look?

Is there somewhere close to DTD that is worth looking at?

I’m overwhelmed and need help here!

Mid-November dates, so I’m also feeling a time crunch.

Homewood Suites. Right next to TS lot, free cooked breakfast and dinner M-F, clean, comfortable, nice people.

I haven't stayed at Red Lion recently, but have multiple times in the past and it was alright.

For our next trip, we're staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn, which I haven't stayed at yet, but have only heard good things about and it's considerably closer to the Esplanade, so you might try checking it out.

Avoid red lion
Try Kings inn or
Desert inn & suites
Why do you say avoid Red Lion? I have some friends who I trust pretty well on things like this, and they like Red Lion. They prefer it over DI&S.

I personally don't care for King's Inn or Desert Inn and Suites. They are ok for sleep and shower only. But not really comfortable.

I got a room at the Travelodge on West Ball for $365 including taxes and fees for 3 nights and the hotel has decent reviews. You can walk to the parking structure and take the trams. It’s not a bad deal considering most of the other hotels were like over $500 for 3 nights. My trip isn’t until December though.

Castle Inn is one of my favorite close options, while it has no shuttle is easily walkable and they offer AAA and AP rates.

Check out Tropicana and Camelot inn and Suites, both are usually decent and very close by.

We stayed at peacock suites a couple times when rates were low, around $125 a night. Rooms were great and very comfortable. Time share people in the lobby are annoying. Location decent (we took lyft when too tired to walk). Sometimes their rates aren’t that great though but if they’re good for your dates I’d recommend it.

Why do you say avoid Red Lion? I have some friends who I trust pretty well on things like this, and they like Red Lion. They prefer it over DI&S.

I personally don't care for King's Inn or Desert Inn and Suites. They are ok for sleep and shower only. But not really comfortable.
It was my friends go to. Their last trip (last year) they were disgusted. It’s really showing it’s age apparently.

I won’t stay at either too. Those are the top 2 budget options that come to mind.

OP: have you called CCI to see if there are any deals available? If not, try calling CCI directly and keep checking the website, too. They do offer various discounts, so check to see if you qualify. Agree about looking for a good rate at the Sheraton -- AAA rates can be very good there -- and also at the Hilton. Also look at Expedia and Travelocity for discount rates for DLR area hotels.
Does ride share count as low cost transportation for you? If you are open to using Uber/Lyft for your transportation to the parks, that opens up your hotel choices. There is a ride share/taxi drop off/pick up lot on Harbor and one by DTD. Look at hotels in Garden Grove -- once you leave the "Anaheim Resort District," hotel rates drop. Some hotels in GG are just one mile south of the parks on Harbor, like the Embassy Suites South, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Delta Hotel, etc.

Last edited:
We just stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn and I was very impressed. It is literally at the pedestrian walkway into the resort. No need to take a shuttle. You get free hot breakfast next door at Captain Kidd’s. They also have AAA rates.

We just stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn and I was very impressed. It is literally at the pedestrian walkway into the resort. No need to take a shuttle. You get free hot breakfast next door at Captain Kidd’s. They also have AAA rates.
I've heard the breakfast served for Park Place is ok, but be careful eating at Captain Kidd's. They have recently had a change of ownership, so maybe things will improve. Their last few inspections have still had major issues, which are corrected wile inspector is there, but considering they keep having the same ones, tells me the correct for the inspector and go back to the same ways when they leave.

I've heard the breakfast served for Park Place is ok, but be careful eating at Captain Kidd's. They have recently had a change of ownership, so maybe things will improve. Their last few inspections have still had major issues, which are corrected wile inspector is there, but considering they keep having the same ones, tells me the correct for the inspector and go back to the same ways when they leave.
The breakfast is prepared by bw staff from what I understand.
But I stayed there 11 mos ago. So loud. Never again. And it used to be my go to. Homewood suites is the same price. 🤷‍♀️

Have you checked hotels.com? Not knowing exact dates I can't give you exact places/prices, but there are several options for mid November. I would also look at the blind bids on Priceline and Hotels. I got the Anaheim hotel for $70 a night for next week on Hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter