• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cosplay and Disney inspired outfits for adults

What do ya'll think about outfits for a Daisy Disneybound?

the majority of outfits I see for this are a purple top and white bottom (which is mostly what Daisy wears in cartoons). But, I was thinking of doing a pink top and white bottom (which is what Daisy wears in the parks).

What do you think is more recognizable as being "daisy".
The purple top, white bottom? or Pink top, white bottom?

(i'll also wear a purple bow, pink shoes, and depending on the weather, yellow tights)

I first thought pink when you said Daisy so I think you would be fine, especially with the bow. The tights would leave no doubt, but yeah, the weather may not cooperate.

We have an All Girls trip in Oct (ages 2 to 88) and I think since it's all girls, we're more into being silly and dressing up.

One day we're all wearing red and white or black and white polka dots and meeting Minnie. Another day we're pirates (don't know how this will fly but the kids are doing the pirate makeover thing so supposedly it's OK?)

For one day I have a dress that is yellow below, with a red bodice. It's a bit bare for my advanced age, so I'm wearing a blue t-shirt underneath. Add an apple purse, a Snow White necklace, and I'm Snow White.

Another day my niece (10) is wearing an Elsa dress I ginned up for her from a ladies' small ice queen costume. I added a bunch of snowflake type beads and a tulle 'train'. For me I have a pair of black shorts, a bustier that has the gold and floral stitching on the sides, and I whipped up a little mauve capelet with fuzzy balls on the ends to cover my shoulders to be Anna.

And so on. The ten year old is a bit old for costumes (in her view) but she is excited by the idea of Disneybounding.

We have an All Girls trip in Oct (ages 2 to 88) and I think since it's all girls, we're more into being silly and dressing up.

One day we're all wearing red and white or black and white polka dots and meeting Minnie. Another day we're pirates (don't know how this will fly but the kids are doing the pirate makeover thing so supposedly it's OK?)

For one day I have a dress that is yellow below, with a red bodice. It's a bit bare for my advanced age, so I'm wearing a blue t-shirt underneath. Add an apple purse, a Snow White necklace, and I'm Snow White.

Another day my niece (10) is wearing an Elsa dress I ginned up for her from a ladies' small ice queen costume. I added a bunch of snowflake type beads and a tulle 'train'. For me I have a pair of black shorts, a bustier that has the gold and floral stitching on the sides, and I whipped up a little mauve capelet with fuzzy balls on the ends to cover my shoulders to be Anna.

And so on. The ten year old is a bit old for costumes (in her view) but she is excited by the idea of Disneybounding.

I Travel Girl!:wave2: Don't forget to share pictures!;)

Which shirt would you pick for an Ellie (UP) Disneybound???

1)
$_57.JPG

2)
1_original.jpg

3)
$_57.JPG

So I had a Disney Bound themed bridal shower and surprisingly a good portion of people dressed up so I'm going to post a few pics of my favorite outfits... We set up a photo booth and I am usually the family photographer so I didn't get alot of good pics aside from that.
5dpdas.jpg

1. Daisy Duck / My Mom - Purple tank, White shawl, Daisy (flower) earrings, Purple Daisy (flower) head band) & White beaded neclace.
2. Belle / ME:bride: - Yellow dress, Red rose in hair and belle jar neclace from hot topic.
3. Snow White / My Sis / Maid of Honor - Red shirt, Blue skirt, yellow shoes, red bow & apple earrings
4. Pooh Bear / Bridesmaid - Red shirt, Yellow pants, Owl necklace
5. Cinderella / Bridesmaid - Blue dress, carriage necklace, silver shoes
6. Merida / Bridesmaid - Green dress, brown belt, 'merida necklace' ordered on etsy that had a bow and arrow plus other celtic merida symbols. P.S. I think she could totally be a face character at DW as Merida
xm4k7b.jpg

7. Lilo / cousin - Red and white dress with flowers (my other cousin wore blue as stitch and aunt dressed as Nani)
8. Mike / Fiance ;) - Was so happy he showed up at the end and even dressed to the best he could lol :)

Other great guests were Rapunzel, Ariel, Cruella, Maleficent, Pocahontas, And Copper from fox and the hound.

I like the #1 Ellie shirt the best, with #3 as my second choice. #2 seems a bit fussy with the pockets.

And the Disneybound bridal shower was too adorable!

So I had a Disney Bound themed bridal shower and surprisingly a good portion of people dressed up so I'm going to post a few pics of my favorite outfits... We set up a photo booth and I am usually the family photographer so I didn't get alot of good pics aside from that.
5dpdas.jpg

1. Daisy Duck / My Mom - Purple tank, White shawl, Daisy (flower) earrings, Purple Daisy (flower) head band) & White beaded neclace.
2. Belle / ME:bride: - Yellow dress, Red rose in hair and belle jar neclace from hot topic.
3. Snow White / My Sis / Maid of Honor - Red shirt, Blue skirt, yellow shoes, red bow & apple earrings
4. Pooh Bear / Bridesmaid - Red shirt, Yellow pants, Owl necklace
5. Cinderella / Bridesmaid - Blue dress, carriage necklace, silver shoes
6. Merida / Bridesmaid - Green dress, brown belt, 'merida necklace' ordered on etsy that had a bow and arrow plus other celtic merida symbols. P.S. I think she could totally be a face character at DW as Merida
xm4k7b.jpg

7. Lilo / cousin - Red and white dress with flowers (my other cousin wore blue as stitch and aunt dressed as Nani)
8. Mike / Fiance ;) - Was so happy he showed up at the end and even dressed to the best he could lol :)

Other great guests were Rapunzel, Ariel, Cruella, Maleficent, Pocahontas, And Copper from fox and the hound.

I remember when you were first talking about this. I LOVE IT!!!!! I am sooooooo glad it worked out for you!!! I love the Merida, Snow White, and Lilo. Thans for sharring:thumbsup2

So I had a Disney Bound themed bridal shower and surprisingly a good portion of people dressed up so I'm going to post a few pics of my favorite outfits... We set up a photo booth and I am usually the family photographer so I didn't get alot of good pics aside from that. .

Ohhhh I love this!

I am gonna go with everyone else and say top #1.

The bridal pics were great! Glad so many got in the spirit of things

OK, this dress rocks. Have you ever ordered from Rebel Circus before? It looks like the brand of the dress is "Double Trouble". Do you have any idea how their sizing runs? True to size or not?

Thanks!

I'm not the OP but I do own the same exact Double Trouble dress in black/white. My dress size is 4 so I ordered the dress in "small" and it fits well. Definitely a true to size brand.

Ok so I am back at it. If I am going through the effort of Disney Bounding I want to be sure people will be able to tell what character I am trying to represent. Can any one tell by the pictures below of what I plan to wear?

dress_zpscce7afae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gloves_zps74da25ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This will be worn under the dress so the yellow peaks out underneath.
top_zps59675080.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will say the character's dress is a full dress but I did not want to go too fancy. That is hard to do at the parks. This outfit I plan on wearing to Narcoosee's for dinner but without the gloves. I also plan on changing into to it WITH the gloves at the park for the meet and greet ONLY and then plan on changing back into my more comfortable park outfit.

Ok so I am back at it. If I am going through the effort of Disney Bounding I want to be sure people will be able to tell what character I am trying to represent. Can any one tell by the pictures below of what I plan to wear?

dress_zpscce7afae.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gloves_zps74da25ce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This will be worn under the dress so the yellow peaks out underneath.
top_zps59675080.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I will say the character's dress is a full dress but I did not want to go too fancy. That is hard to do at the parks. This outfit I plan on wearing to Narcoosee's for dinner but without the gloves. I also plan on changing into to it WITH the gloves at the park for the meet and greet ONLY and then plan on changing back into my more comfortable park outfit.

That will make an amazing Tiana!

I'm Bounding starting next weekend and will involve the kids also.

I will post pictures later.

So far I will be doing The Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and Mary Poppins. Last day trying to decide between Nemo, Flynn Rider, or Ariel.

I'm Bounding starting next weekend and will involve the kids also.

I will post pictures later.

So far I will be doing The Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and Mary Poppins. Last day trying to decide between Nemo, Flynn Rider, or Ariel.

can't waitb to see your pictures!!!! Hope you had fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter