Cosmic Rewind for the Not-So-Brave?

SoKatriotic

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I need some brutally honest perspectives about Cosmic Rewind. I’m determined to ride it BUT I am sooo anxious about it. What do y’all think about the intensity?

Let me describe my ride style: I love Big Thunder, Test Track, and all simulators (FoP, Star Tours, etc.). I’m not a fan of drops (even the one on Pirates gets me a little). I can tolerate Space Mountain but I honestly don’t really like it. I think I don’t like not being able to see what comes next. I know that Cosmic Rewind is really dark as well but maybe the visuals (that Space Mountain doesn’t have) distract from the fact that you can’t see what’s coming? Does the speed feel more intense than Space Mountain? I’m not concerned about the spinning so much, but I’m a little concerned about the speed paired with the motion intensity. I’m worried about feeling like I want to get off but knowing that I’m stuck for a few minutes. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but I am truly a ride wimp.

I really really really want to try Cosmic Rewind but I am not brave at all. Give it to me straight.

Thank you!

I think if I were to describe the intensity of Cosmic Rewind, I would say that it's a combination between Space Mountain and Everest with the rotating vehicles from Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Orlando. There is a backwards launch but IMO it is not as intense as the one on Rockin Roller Coaster. It is like Space in terms of darkness but the screens throughout the ride make it so it isn't too dark.

If you're concerned with motion sickness, I recommend sitting in the front row or at least near the front. It's similar to Big Thunder and Rockin Roller Coaster where it's less jerky in the front compared to the back.

There aren't any real drops, if spinning doesn't bother you and I'm assuming speed doesn't if you like test track I say go for it. It's not a super long ride either. Space Mountain is way more intense/rough for me personally but I don't mind spinning (it's really more of a sway than a spin on this ride) and don't really get motion sick at all other than a little dizzy on Remy.

I can't answer your question but I must say. we must be long lost relatives because I feel the same!!!!! I have actually never ridden space mountain but I love Thunder mountain and Test track. I hated Pirates and didnt ride it for about 16 years until this past fall when I took my littles for the first time and decided that I have to suck it up and ride the rides I was once afraid of so that my kids could get the best experience. I have not ridden splash in almost 20 years and even then I've only ever ridden it once. I am determined on my adult trip in August to face my fears and ride everything except Everest, Rock N Roller coaster, and tower of terror.... all three are hard no's for me lol I am definitely also determined to ride Guardians.

There aren't any real drops, if spinning doesn't bother you and I'm assuming speed doesn't if you like test track I say go for it. It's not a super long ride either. Space Mountain is way more intense/rough for me personally but I don't mind spinning (it's really more of a sway than a spin on this ride) and don't really get motion sick at all other than a little dizzy on Remy.

Here’s a good tip for rough coasters - on trains with cars that have three rows of seats, always pick a middle row. It’s the wheels that make these rides rough, and avoiding the “wheel seats” makes all the difference in the world.

So for Space Mountain, pick either rows 2 or 5 and you will be amazed at the difference.

I’m too wimpy for Test Track or Big Thunder or Space so have never been on it. But do love Star Tours and FoP.

I would say Cosmic Rewind is intense. Very intense. But also very fun. I don’t have motion sickness but I can see why some people throw up after this ride. I rode this once because I so so so wanted to try it. And I’m glad I did. I’m not sure I’ll go back on it anytime soon, because I am quite wimpy, but it was an exhilarating experience. It felt very fast. The ride restraints actually made me feel better though - it couldn’t be that bad! And I was in the very last car when we loaded.

I suppose my experience can be summed up as I did it because of FOMO, and I don’t regret it!

Not long? It’s the longest indoor coaster in the world right now. Space Mountain is over in under 3 minutes, Guardians is almost 4 minutes.

I get motion sickness and I rode it (I took medication and starting chewing on some ginger candy at the start of the ride). It is very smooth, but it is quite intense. It’s the fact that more than one motion is being put on your body at the same time -dips, banking & car rotating. Add the screens and it can overload your brain. I will says you’re stomach doesn’t drop in the ride. I had my eyes closed for much of the ride. I could definitely feel like screens would be too much for me. I did not throw up, but I did need help from my family at the end of the ride and had to take a few minutes to recover. Plus I felt off for another couple hours.

I can't answer your question but I must say. we must be long lost relatives because I feel the same!!!!! I have actually never ridden space mountain but I love Thunder mountain and Test track. I hated Pirates and didnt ride it for about 16 years until this past fall when I took my littles for the first time and decided that I have to suck it up and ride the rides I was once afraid of so that my kids could get the best experience. I have not ridden splash in almost 20 years and even then I've only ever ridden it once. I am determined on my adult trip in August to face my fears and ride everything except Everest, Rock N Roller coaster, and tower of terror.... all three are hard no's for me lol I am definitely also determined to ride Guardians.
We are the same!!! I will never do Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, RnRC, or Everest! I’m tempted to try Slinky Dog but I’m always nervous when I see it because the drops look big. Maybe if I survive GotG, I’ll give Slinky Dog a try.

I’m too wimpy for Test Track or Big Thunder or Space so have never been on it. But do love Star Tours and FoP.

I would say Cosmic Rewind is intense. Very intense. But also very fun. I don’t have motion sickness but I can see why some people throw up after this ride. I rode this once because I so so so wanted to try it. And I’m glad I did. I’m not sure I’ll go back on it anytime soon, because I am quite wimpy, but it was an exhilarating experience. It felt very fast. The ride restraints actually made me feel better though - it couldn’t be that bad! And I was in the very last car when we loaded.

I suppose my experience can be summed up as I did it because of FOMO, and I don’t regret it!
This is very helpful — thank you! I’m curious: were you anxiously awaiting the ride end because of the intensity? I hate when I feel like I can’t wait until it’s over so I’m hoping that it’s enough fun that I don’t just try to survive until the end.

one of the biggest differences with cosmic rewind is that the track is fairly visible depending on where you sit, the coaster building feels very wide open compared to Space mountain. the ride itself is super smooth. more curvy than droppy for sure. it's a good time.

This is very helpful — thank you! I’m curious: were you anxiously awaiting the ride end because of the intensity? I hate when I feel like I can’t wait until it’s over so I’m hoping that it’s enough fun that I don’t just try to survive until the end.
A part of me was anxiously awaiting the end. But the ride is so intense that a part of me was just like “WHOA!!!!” for each part of it. There’s so much going on between the music, the lights, the motion, etc. that it’s hard not to feel it in the moment.

I don’t know how long the ride actually is but it felt quite short. I definitely wasn’t thinking “omg will this ever end!!??”

I will do SDD and 7D but won’t do Space, Everest, Rock n Roll, or Big Thunder. I absolutely loved Guardians. I was very scared to try it but so glad I did. I don’t get motion sick really (fine with Remy and Soarin, can do FOP but close by eyes on a few parts, hate Mission Space). DH absolutely cannot do FOP or Mission Space and has to close his eyes on Remy a few times but was fine with Guardians with taking Dramamine before and asking to sit in the first row

Hi!

I need some brutally honest perspectives about Cosmic Rewind. I’m determined to ride it BUT I am sooo anxious about it. What do y’all think about the intensity?

Let me describe my ride style: I love Big Thunder, Test Track, and all simulators (FoP, Star Tours, etc.). I’m not a fan of drops (even the one on Pirates gets me a little). I can tolerate Space Mountain but I honestly don’t really like it. I think I don’t like not being able to see what comes next. I know that Cosmic Rewind is really dark as well but maybe the visuals (that Space Mountain doesn’t have) distract from the fact that you can’t see what’s coming? Does the speed feel more intense than Space Mountain? I’m not concerned about the spinning so much, but I’m a little concerned about the speed paired with the motion intensity. I’m worried about feeling like I want to get off but knowing that I’m stuck for a few minutes. I know how ridiculous that sounds, but I am truly a ride wimp.

I really really really want to try Cosmic Rewind but I am not brave at all. Give it to me straight.

Thank you!
If you can do all those rides, you will have no trouble with Guardians. I found it much smoother than Space Mountain. I would say it is between Thunder and Space Mountain for intensity.

It's a lot of fun!

I get motion sick (close my eyes on Star Tours and end of FOP) and I didn’t have any issues after taking a Dramamine half an hour before riding. Ride feels very very fast, but in such a great way. Better than Space MountIan, very smooth even near back row. Loved it!

Go with the flow and keep your head still and eyes straight ahead--you probably won't miss anything! The first time I rode and let my eyes wander, there were a few instances when my eyes felt like they were separate from the rest of me, but I did not have any ill effects at the end.

I found the seats to be quite comfortable on the coaster and was able to settle in quickly, and kept my hands and arms relaxed in front of me. This was a very smooth ride indeed, as has been mentioned! However, I can recommend to sit back in the seat such that your lower back hits it and cradles you...the first time I did have a little lower back discomfort, but that didn't last long (wouldn't call it pain).

I was well-hydrated before riding and rode at least 2 hours after my last bite of food, which also likely helped feeling healthy at the ride's end.

Guardians is awesome, and although i get motion sickness, I went back for more and rode it a second time! I felt nauseous both times (ginger chews and less drowsy dramamine helped) but not to the point of getting sick or feeling like I was going to be sick. You can see the track ahead of you, which makes it better than space mt for me. Closest ride that gave me the same feeling was Escape from Gringotts. Also, there is a constant cool breeze on you while you ride, which was a big help for me. I have had enough for a while, but I'll ride it again!

I loved Guardians and I get motion sickness. The ride track is so smooth and enjoyable. I don't understand people getting motion sickness on this ride. We rode it twice a day on 3 different days of our vacation and I didn't even feel queasy. I get motion sickness on Pandora, the water screen part of Runaway Railway, Remy, Aladdin part of PhilharMagic, and star tours. So my motion sickness must be only from screens.

Veteran Ride Wimp here:

after I manage to ride them:

I love: Seven Dwarfs, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Tower of Terror:

I like but give me a bit of anxiety: Slinky

Give me tons of anxiety but I have to do it: Flight of Passage and Everest (I did everest for the first time last trip. I did it twice. Maybe in 1 or 2 trips (if i can afford them lol) I will get use to it and move it to love it).

Did it twice and will do everything in my power to skip it: Soarin (I am not ok with dangling feet)

I get really anxious in these silly rides that I just skip them: Dumbo, Peter Pan.

Havent try: Space Mountain (Is the ride vehicle what stop me from riding it) Astro Orbiters (will never do and dont care), RnRC (I felt like Everest is my limit right now). Maybe will move to this one If I get use to Everest).

I am worried reading Cosmic Rewind Is as intense as Everest because that intensity plus dark plus spinning vehicles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter