Cosmic Rays

GREAT place to get a mid day Coke, with ice :). That's all we ever do :).
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Is Cosmic Rays really that bad? Going to be a 1st timer to WDW and it seems many people tend to have a low opinion on this place compared to a Pecos Bill? Why?
Interesting how perspectives differ. I've heard more people like Cosmic Rays than Pecos Bills.

Agree with the its not bad, but not good. Its typical theme park fast food. the toppings bar definitely helps. Sonny Eclipse is fun to watch.
Personally, I prefer Pecos Bill food to Cosmic Ray, but I'm not a big burger person either.

Is Cosmic Rays really that bad? Going to be a 1st timer to WDW and it seems many people tend to have a low opinion on this place compared to a Pecos Bill? Why?

No, it's not, just like most CSs, not memorable either! IMO, the hamburgers and fries (with imitation cheese sauce) are as good as most CSs in the parks (have toppings bar), also the rotisserie chicken. That's the only things we have eaten there.

We tend to eat after lunch rush is over at CSs so usually don't have too much issues finding an empty table.

I don't get people's excitement over the toppings bar. It's just extra lettuce tomatoes and onions and stuff for your hamburger.

Cosmic Rays is not bad at all! It's a decent burger...although theres a GREAT fixins bar...used to have unlimited liquid cheese :(. The entrees are decent and theres some variety, so it appeals to everyone. Listen.....it's not the best meal you'll ever eat in WDW.....but it's quick...you'll most always get a table...and it's reasonably priced and you can use the fixins bar to enhance and bulk up a meal so sharing is an option. And as a side note....I believe that it is the biggest(highest grossing) "fast food" restaurant in the WORLD......which I would believe on volume alone.....so there are ALWAYS 3-4 managers walking around....if you have ANY complaint....you let them know. I've had some of the BEST customer service there on several occasions.....one time I my wife was overheated and we popped in for water and a manager saw us and brought bottled water from the back because the water station was empty. And one time when I asked where the hot liquid cheese had gone....a mgr explained that they removed it from the bar....and then brought us cups of cheese to the table....without me asking! Definately give it a try!

My whole family really liked it when you could get Rotisserie Chicken for lunch at Cosmic Ray's. It was a good and a healthy option, and watching Sonny Eclipse was fun. They took it off the menu and we do not like the current menu, so we no longer go there. Instead we go to the quick service Columbia Harbor House, or Be Our Guest for lunch.

I don't get people's excitement over the toppings bar. It's just extra lettuce tomatoes and onions and stuff for your hamburger.

It's better than just getting what they give you.. Nice to be able to make it how you want and not get skimped on.

We always seemed to go there for lunch there on childhood trips, the nuggets are pretty good.

I love Cosmic Ray's. The retrofuturistic theme that fits with Tomorrowland is my favorite part of it.

The food is decent. It's not "OMG DELISH!!!" but it isn't bad at all. I usually go with a burger/fries, and I've never been disappointed.

I like taking a break by eating dinner there. Sonny Eclipse is always good, too.

We enjoy it ourselves, but part of that may be legacy from it being one of the few places we could get vegan accommodations in magic kingdom during our first trip.

If you don't like any (very little) fixins' on your burger, then it would mean little to you, but for those of us that do enjoy our toppings, it means more than just a blah hamburger, so we can each 'have it our way'!!!
(remember the old Burger King's slogan???) :)

I will never forgive them for the COLD burger I suffered through (with unmelted cheese). Just gross. Also, pretty sure we got some nasty food poisoning there, again, probably because food was cold.

It's our desperation restaurant when we don't want TS but the lines are crazy everywhere else (even with mobile ordering). The food is edible at best. My gripe with the place is that it is always filthy, even with the CMS doing their best to clean the tables. If you do go, make yourself a promise that you will NOT look down at the floor or inhale too deeply. The floor is ALWAYS disgusting and the place always STINKS. I'm not sure why but I have NEVER been there when there are NOT multiple kids either crawling around on that disgusting floor or sitting on the floor under the table.

we ate there twice couple of weeks ago and thought the Incredibles burger with cheese sticks on the burger were decent. They no longer have the sauteed onions, instead fried onion flavored crispies at the toppings bar, and also must have long since gotten rid of the hot cheese sauce we used to have with our fries. There were also mushrooms, pickles, tomatoes, shred lettuce. Wasn't planning on going there with my food poisoning experience a yr ago (probably from the onions). Still prefer Pinocchio's and Columbia Harbor, but we felt that the QS were even more lacking at MK vs. the other parks.

My wife insists at eating at Cosmic Ray's every time we visit. I love sitting and watching Cosmic Ray but I definitely don't visit for the food. If you really like burgers and chicken fingers then it's pretty decent as they have a good toppings bar and a bunch of dipping sauces.

The inside is bad and one of my least favorite locations in all of WDW. It reminds me of being on a field trip to a science museum and having lunch in their cafeteria with hundreds of my middle schoolers.
1. Mobile order
I've never heard it described as such but you nailed it! Fast food, Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays are equal, choosing depends really on what you want to eat! Mobile ordering makes everything tolerable!

The chicken is good there. And the burgers are your standard Disney burger. It's not the greatest QS but it's not bad either. Definitely worth a trip there .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter